Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
ARCTIC CHILL What are you talking about? There is nothing rice about that car!! There is no huge wing it does not have a fart can on the back!! DO I SENSE A LITTLE JEALOUSY!!!!! HMMMM I remember when that car was black with only rims on it. David has come along way, and has been leading the tibs and motivating more people to gets tibs and fix them up. His tib , was what first got me to buy a tib . Before you start saying stuff about other peoples car man, know the facts!!! That car has nothing but love in it!!! DK loves that damn car and has got a allot of people doing things to their tib they rpobably never thought they would do. POINT IS THERE IS NOTHING RICE ABOUT THE CAR!!!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Way to go DK! That is one sick ride!!!

And Arctic Chill, the whole point of this COTM is to showcase the EXTREME end of the spectrum. Sometimes less-is-more... and sometimes more-is-more. This DK's ride is definately in the more-is-more category.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ARCTIC CHILL What are you talking about? There is nothing rice about that car!! There is no huge wing it does not have a fart can on the back!! DO I SENSE A LITTLE JEALOUSY!!!!! HMMMM I remember when that car was black with only rims on it. David has come along way, and has been leading the tibs and motivating more people to gets tibs and fix them up. His tib , was what first got me to buy a tib . Before you start saying stuff about other peoples car man, know the facts!!! That car has nothing but love in it!!! DK loves that damn car and has got a allot of people doing things to their tib they rpobably never thought they would do. POINT IS THERE IS NOTHING RICE ABOUT THE CAR!!!
Ok, as much I don't want to start a fight in here...I'll set for the fact that it is rice...like putting that vinyl decal all over his car. I suppose if you think doing that has a purpose for "show points"...then ok...then useless mods done for just "show" is rice. End of story. The interior's nice...if I don't plan on driving it and turn it into my new home entertainment center...strictly for movie purposes and the sound. But eh, to each their own.

And I'd be jealous if the car was turbo'd, supercharged (SDS or roots blower), or even highly N/A'd tune. But since it's not, I'm not. If you're into making your car stand out like a sore thumb for the cops to harass, then go for it. Something that looks stock with performance mods won't get harassed as much, b/c we all know how the po-po like to harass riced out Civics and whatnots. I suppose I should say good job...at putting all the money into that. 'gratz.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Arctic Chill said:
I liked it better when Solo's car was COTM...where the car was more performance and less rice. ;)
Yeah you are right! Because you know Solo's car has so much performance (CAI and exhaust). Nothing against Solo (because I like his whip), but you make no sense.

BTW, take a look at the engine bay again my friend and maybe this time you will notice the 150 shot direct port nitrous system.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hey it wouldnt be my COTM if nobody started some crap. Im used to it. Its ok. To each their own. I would like to say that I have worked on the engine, or rather PAT OF IMSPORT RACING has, and I made a conscious effort to not let the bottom out as they say. Just enjoy what is there now while I enjoy what is to come. Thanks again to everyone for the love on my COTM!

·
Banned
2,288 Posts
Well good for you then, if people started this crap in my article last month I would have flipped a SHlT. Anyway, congrats on the car, I know how much work you put into it, been watching since day 1.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hey arctic chill i was not trying to start a argument . Hell this is DK thread man but I am sure it takes a whole lot to get COTM so like you did before just give props man IT IS A SWEET A&& RIDE

·
Registered
913 Posts
um... lets see............... something nice to say...... hmmmmmmmm..........

um....... engine......... looks......good?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Id have to say Im with arctic on this one, but I wouldnt call it rice, I just dislike the way it looks. Though, I really cant help but admire the effort that has been put into that car, so for that, I give it props. Congrats for that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dorsalfin, your ride is truely amazing!
For people not into the show scene I guess they dont get what it takes to be a best of show car.

The attention to detail and the showcasing of your sponsors makes your tiburon a much needed platform for more aftermarket support and tuner respect.

Keep up the great work DK!

p.s. i especially love your rims in the first photo ;)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
What up Tru! Man I had forgotten about that name. Oh and nice wheels huh! I beat 3 Corvette's 2000 and newer at that show for 2000 and newer class because no one had ever seem a Tiburon before!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Congrats David. The only shocker here is that you were not COTM already. Very impressive, very well thought out, and extremely well organized. A man with a plan that is always evolving. Amazing Job My Friend! And thanks again for your continuing offer of help! Next time you're in Florida, first round is on me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
YEAH David!!! Congrats sweetie, you deserve it, now I just have to make my way down there to see it in person, maybe next year I'll make a pit stop after getting married down south!!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
WTG DK stickin up for the Razzi! Sweet ride but I have told you that too many times. . . Can I get some of your sponsors please? HAHA!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
:3_worship Nice Ride DK,
Big fan of your work, keep it up and keep us posted.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.