Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a commercial about the mew maxima and something about the transmission making shifts smooth. Anyone know how this works or has anyone driven in one and knows how it rides. Seems like a potentially neat concept but wanted to know some more info.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
riggs1088 said:
How does that work is it like one big gear or what?
pullies and a belt....

Check out the Ford 500 and Freestyle, they both have it and I may add the first domestic to do it correctly. GM had some issues with it back in the day. Fords is produced by ZF industries. Really awesome concept and best tranny around for performance and economy. It really keeps the engine in the sweet spot at all times. I dont know what the power handling capabilities are but that would be the only downfall. But with this tranny you wouldn't need tons of power as it makes the most of what you have already.

·
Registered
55 Posts
its ok ..they have tried this before.. its smooth and ok for stock aplications.On the other hand it requires regular service (changing belts every 60k) and cant handle alot of power.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, Thanks for the info guys. Seems like it could be a cool thing to look at later on down the road as far as using it for a turbo and the 1/4 mile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts