Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey im looking at an 05 tuscani.
i see it has a cone filter under the hood, and dual can mufflers that sound similar to an evo...

can anyone give me any information on these two? are these stock? or what? the intake looks stock... but its strange to me that a car would come like that... and ic ant see where an airbox would go..
the exhaust looks liek its an ebay exhaust or something..

its got 30,800 miles... whats a fair price? or range? the clutch is great condition. overall clean car..... carfax reported two accidents though... and im trying to find those out.

any help is appreciated. thanks

Also,
It doesnt come with a key fob/clicker... im assuming they all came equipped.. and all ineed is a new remote?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Be leary of any accidents. It has an aftermarket SRI and like you say some kind of exhaust because they are pretty quiet stock. Use KBB.com for a good price range.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Look underneath the tibby and see if you can wrap your thumb and finger around the piping thats usually a good indication if they have an exhaust or not , if you cant and the piping is big most likely its not stock

as for the intake its probably a short ram intake there should be a big black box where the regular air filter would go if theres not and a cone filter is present most likely aftermarket once again.

i thought my tiburon had exhaust for the longest time but it just had mufflers so check the piping

I say take some pictures of the tibby and post em up on here then we can give you some pointers if you would like

·
Registered
922 Posts
hey im looking at an 05 tuscani.
i see it has a cone filter under the hood, and dual can mufflers that sound similar to an evo...

can anyone give me any information on these two? are these stock? or what? the intake looks stock... but its strange to me that a car would come like that... and ic ant see where an airbox would go..
the exhaust looks liek its an ebay exhaust or something..

its got 30,800 miles... whats a fair price? or range? the clutch is great condition. overall clean car..... carfax reported two accidents though... and im trying to find those out.

any help is appreciated. thanks

Also,
It doesnt come with a key fob/clicker... im assuming they all came equipped.. and all ineed is a new remote?

I bought my 05 gtv6 with 33k miles for 9,999 + all the dealer shenanigans it was all stock, I thought it was a good deal, the mufflers probably aren't stock, and the intake probably isnt, unless they somehow lost the covers in one of the accidents? idk, post pics of the mufflers if you can, or do that finger and thumb idea thing

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I bought my 05 gtv6 with 33k miles for 9,999 + all the dealer shenanigans it was all stock, I thought it was a good deal, the mufflers probably aren't stock, and the intake probably isnt, unless they somehow lost the covers in one of the accidents? idk, post pics of the mufflers if you can, or do that finger and thumb idea thing
Mmmm... Slow poke... lol

your avatar :3_koning:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hm. okay well i know an aftermarket exhaust when i see one. its definitely a larger can. and not the stock mufflers like on my friends 06 tiburon gt. im assuming they should look the same. or similar at least. this one definitely sounds idfferent and looks different.

the SRI is kind of annoying. does anyone have a stock box to sell on here? i dont really like the idea of a HOT AIR INTAKE... and the fact that if its not tuned itll be running lean..

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
its never good to buy a car that was in an accident (or 2) just my .02

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
go to the police and ask for a police report?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
definitely not stock intake or exhaust.
as for the accidents, see what they were. if there minor, no harm no foul.
if there big, i would look elsewhere.
if you need a second opinion on the tib i live close to you i could come check it out with you.
goodluck!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
is this an i4 or a v6? Auto or Manual?

All i'm going to say is that, if it has an intake, exhaust and two accidents, there is a good possibilty it was ratbagged. If it's a v6 i would say around $8500, for the i4 $8000ish, and the auto transmission is much nicer on your wallet than the 5 or 6 speed (clutches die at 60,000 miles)

PS: If you have a couple members here offer to help you seek one out, I would take it. Anyone with more than 300 posts will know most of the main issues (Clutch, Paint, Door Electronics, ect ect)

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
$6500.

depends on if you want the mods or not. that's higher than any carmax will give them right now, and people aren't itching to go buy tibs.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
PS: If you have a couple members here offer to help you seek one out, I would take it. Anyone with more than 300 posts will know most of the main issues (Clutch, Paint, Door Electronics, ect ect)

:3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'd find out what the accidents entitled. If you can't figure out what got damaged I wouldn't buy the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey
thanks for all the ideas. and offers. im not lookinga t that car anymore... the dealer (atlantic kia) on sunrise highway was a buncha douche bags. ive read very bad things about them... and just not my ideal place of a dealership...

the clutch on that car was actually damn near perfect for a used car.. granted itw as 30k miles.. but i valet park cars so ive driven a few cars... and ive seen some bad clutches... and generally a clutch shouldnt wear out that soon if driven properly...

also..
what is the finger thumb thing...?

and..

"it also helps you figure out how much boost the car has."
what boost? its not boosted..

thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
finger thing was to see if the stock exhaust was on the car...if u can make ur finger and thumb touch, then it would tell u the diameter of the pipe, and determine if it was stock or not...

secondly...they were phucking with u...

(I face palmed a little bit on ur post too)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Any car with salvage history automatically makes it drop 50% in value. I know my 04 wholesale price is only 4500-5500. The 06 isn't much more. I would keep looking :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
finger thing was to see if the stock exhaust was on the car...if u can make ur finger and thumb touch, then it would tell u the diameter of the pipe, and determine if it was stock or not...

secondly...they were phucking with u...

(I face palmed a little bit on ur post too)
right right... i thought it was talking about how to check for body damage or something.. which is why i was confused..

i knew that thing was not a stock exhaust.. the dealer kept saying it was.. which was friggin annoying.. it was way too loud.. thanks for the info.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts