Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well my brother installed his injen cai in his 2004 mazda 6 and his cel light came on, we dissconnected the battery and still nuttin, theres a vacuum hose thats just hanging there and we didnt know what it was supposed to hook on to cus injen gives crapy instructions, hes saying his car is starting to shift hard, does that have anything to do with the intake or is it just his transmission messing up, and also can somebody find some good colored step by step instructions on installing the intake so i can see if we did everything right.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok but does a cai have anything to do with the transmission acting up

·
Registered
456 Posts
that dangling breather hose most likely goes somewhere.

like taking one of our cars or another car.

causes issues.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok we got that vacuum hose hook up and cel went away, but his transmission is acting up, so i take it this has nuttin to do with the cai

·
Registered
261 Posts
The hose is probably the PCV recirculator (or whatever it's called). You might be able to hook up the hose to the intake, if there's an inlet for it. Otherwise, go to Autozone or somewhere and get a PCV filter. It looks like a mini air filter, like only 1 or 2 inches long. Also, if there is a spot on the intake to mount the hose, then your car will throw a CEL because you the hole will let in air after the MAF has measured how much air went in (so that the car thinks less air is going into the engine than there actually is, and you are running lean).

·
Registered
19 Posts
***Disclaimer, sorry for the business links just didn't know any better way to get him the needed info****

Mazda 6s can't run cold air intakes without ECU changes. You will get a cel forever until you splice in a tuner, it may go away temporarily, but it will keep coming back. It's just how it is and there is no easy way of getting around it. Tell him to put it back to stock until he can get a tuner for it. The ones you want are from a company called Custom Performance Engineering (www.cp-e.com) They have full intakes with tuners (MAFci System) and also a tuner for the Injen intake (MAF Customizer). You can get them a number of places. Trust me, don't cut corners either pony up the money for the tuner or go back to stock or stock with modded airbox or you will be very unhappy very fast and won't be able to permanently get rid of the cel.

You can buy direct from CP-E or if you want use Revolution Performance Motorsports (http://www.therpmstore.com/)

Check out mazda6club.com and mazda6tech.com. But you are going to continue to have trouble with the cel without some kind of tuner. Also you will lose power with the intake on there without a tuner because a Cold Air intake alone completely destroys your A/F mixture and the ECU can't compensate without help so you are running the risk of damaging your engine.

I am a Mazda 6 owner and have looked into it for a while there is no cheap easy way out of this except for back to stock +airbox mods. Otherwise you are gonna be out another few hundred for a tuner. Just the way of the Mazda 6 world. Sorry

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much does it cost to tune the car so he can put on his intake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts