Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am installing a megasquirt 2 as a piggybback and was wondering if id get accurate temps from installing inline a radiator hose? or do i need to tap into the thermostat housing(would prefer not to) Just wondering how skewed temps would be during warmup with the first method. Thanks.

Also i live in Montana so cold starting is a big one for me and my daily

·
Super Moderator
8,724 Posts
If doing a hose, might be better to use a heater hose than radiator hose, heater hoses have engine coolant flowing all the time, no thermostat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea! I didn't even think about that one, thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was recommended to me to use a GM based one for the megasquirt and I didn't want 2 have to worry about pull-up resistors interfering and I intend on a adding a aftermarket coolant gauge anyways that I can tap off of this new sensor

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well it was recommended to me to use a GM based one for the megasquirt and I didn't want 2 have to worry about pull-up resistors interfering and I intend on a adding a aftermarket coolant gauge anyways that I can tap off of this new sensor
Oh was just wondering because the factory one is what I use on my megasquirt ms2 have to wire in a ground but should be accurate I'll keep you updated tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts