Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing cost me $22 at O'Reileys and it does not work. Instructions were to clean the headlight, apply a nickle sized amount on the buffing pad and go at it. Slow or fast drill speed, it doesn't matter. So I followed all instructions and used my high-speed drill with the buffing pad but it failed to clear up the haze on my headlights. As a matter of fact, I think it created more fog than helped. However, I must admit that the headlight is really hazy and has tiny blisters on it that resulted from intense UV exposure from the sun.

I returned it in exchange for the 3M™ Headlight Lens Restoration System ($20). I hope this one works much better than the Meguiars kit. Seeing reviews and a YouTube DIY, I think this will get the job done.

·
Registered
127 Posts
if you take out your headlights and sand them down from 400 to 2000 grit sandpaper. then buff them thay will look amazing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
please dont start with 400 grit. The lowest i would start with is 1200
very true 400 on up would take a long time and isnt worth taking that much off, the haze is only a thin coating not 3/4 of the headlight lens

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI, the 3M kit utilizes a 500 grit sanding disk, a 800 grit, and a 2000 grit - then polish.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The 3M kit is much better than the Meguiars version. The method widely used by detailers works the best though. The way I do it for customers is to sand from 800 to 2000 and then 3000 if needed. Follow the sanding with my DA polisher and a decent compound polish. Follow that with a gentler polish and less aggressive pad on the machine. Should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i just did the 3m kit over the weekend and in 30 minutes per light i was able to make them look absolutely amazing and like brand new. now i could have prolly done it quicker but i went back and kept going with the higher grit paper because i wanted to make sure everything was absolutely perfect and it came out exactly as i wanted . now to take the lights apart and do the cc mod and chrome the bezels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts