Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:einstein:Hey guys, I've research a little on the meth injection and I've notice the recommended installation is before the throttlebody and after the maf sensor. I just purchase a stage IV intake manifold and was wondering if I could install the meth injection directly into one of its port for direct injection, or will the vacuum on idle cause problems with the set up? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
exactly... there ya go... you don't want to spray at the iat either because it will "think" it is colder than it really is....so the diagram looks good.

Oh, and I have an ngm alky kit for sale in the for sale thread! let me know if you are interested, it is ready to go!:3_winkthu

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Why did you decide to put the Meth after the AIT? Are you not wanting the ecu to see the cooler air for some reason? The main reason of Meth is to cool the intake charge, this allows for the ecu to react to cooler temps and keep more timing and fuel... by having it after AIT - the engine is seeing hotter air and is pulling timing - I would not recommend this location... You want the AIT to see cooler air, especially if you are running F/I

Of course their are big arguments for placement - but with the 2.7, you want the injection to occur after the MAF, and a good distance from the AIT, but not enough distance as to allow the meth/water to condense and start forming liquid again.. I would say a good place would be half way to 3/4 the way up from the MAF

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
i have mine before the iat sensor just like unholy described (i believe)

so when im WOT the IAT will read colder air and ill get better timing,

btw if you cant see the alky, look for the black tape lol, i dont like having that huge gauge right at my intake, it doesnt make good conversation if i get pulled over, its more inconspicuous this way

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the information gentlemen, it was more than enough. The next question I have to ask is when should it be used? I was thinking around 7 psi? Since mine is going to be a 5 psi daily driver. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:3_winkthuOh by the way, the illustration was most helpful. I appreciate it BakerKing31 and SilverTibbyGT!!!

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
i spray mine pretty low, about 2psi starting, but i have a switch i installed so i can turn the whole thing off while im daily driving, then when i go to the track i flip the switch to turn the alky unit on, this way i dont waste alky while daily driving

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i spray mine pretty low, about 2psi starting, but i have a switch i installed so i can turn the whole thing off while im daily driving, then when i go to the track i flip the switch to turn the alky unit on, this way i dont waste alky while daily driving
wait (sorry to hijack), you mean you go wot without alky when you aren't at the track? what do you change your tune or something? Sounds kind of risky. I guess you can just keep your foot out of it, but that is easier said than done esp. when you are at low rpms and goose it some...

Oh, and I had the reflash going, with alky which was done so as not to spray onto the iat... I had it both ways, but I guess it is situation specific...

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
wait (sorry to hijack), you mean you go wot without alky when you aren't at the track? what do you change your tune or something? Sounds kind of risky. I guess you can just keep your foot out of it, but that is easier said than done esp. when you are at low rpms and goose it some...

Oh, and I had the reflash going, with alky which was done so as not to spray onto the iat... I had it both ways, but I guess it is situation specific...
i dont go over about half throttle when im not on the track, so i have no need for alky, and my tune will put me at right about 12.0 afr without alky (at half throttle), so its safe. i never have a need to go more than half throttle, but if i feel like it, the switch is by my left leg, so i can flip it anytime i want. i found i go through alky much much slower now, about 10 times less lol

the reason i did the switch was because i found that when i was speeding up i would easily hit boost, but had no need for alky, my alky would come on under closed loop and flood the engine and dump the afr down into the 9's which is causing more harm than good, and since i dont regularly need alky on the street (no use, more than half throttle does 2 things, spins tires and attracts the wrong attention) so i decided to put the switch in and couldnt be happier with it now

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are the consequences if I have the alky spray before the intercooler? Will it go through the condensation process in the intercooler and shoot water in the motor? What damage can it cause to the MAF sensor? Wouldn't it actually cool and mix better with the charge air if its circulating through the charge pipes more???

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
What are the consequences if I have the alky spray before the intercooler? Will it go through the condensation process in the intercooler and shoot water in the motor? What damage can it cause to the MAF sensor? Wouldn't it actually cool and mix better with the charge air if its circulating through the charge pipes more???
The more pipe it goes thru, the more heat it will subjected to... run it thru an air intercooler.. and it will be worthless by the time the engine gets it... the water will puddle in the intake tract - and spraying anything across the MAF will kill it.. avoid that at all costs... within a foot of the TB would be the best location for the spray.. you want it cold in the cylinders..

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I run alky before iat timing was at 18 degrees iirc wot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts