Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Metz's Diamond in the Rough

8147 Views 69 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  InspectorPoirot
Some of you may remember this project from my previous thread "Metz's 05 White Tib". I didn't put much thought into that one that my tib wouldn't be white forever ;). But to the more Important things, I will start the thread with the say I bought it. The second I walked into the lot and saw it sitting there the ideas started flowing and I knew I had to have it. It's been a slow long build so far with some bumps in the road but hey, it's coming along :). Hope you enjoy and follow me through my modding

Purchase Spring 2012

Tint

New Wheels

LED Trim

System Install

New Look

HD Lip

Now into the summer of 2013. Uh oh, threw a rod.......

Eh what the hell, black while its out of there?

New motor

Taking advantage of the situation

Winter of '13-'14 coming in a few!
See less See more
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Your other thread has been deleted! Let me know if you need anything else.
Your other thread has been deleted! Let me know if you need anything else.
Thank you sir! I just need you to stay tuned. big changes coming.
Winter of '13-'14

See less See more
Shopping list:

NIA eyelids
Some type of side skirt.
Front lip - check
Rims. Looking for something 17x8/9 +35/+40
Exhaust.
ARK Lightweight Pulleys
Strut bar (Front)
FL/2 Rear Conversion
Coilovers/Lowering Springs
Looking pretty good man. Keep up the good work.
Sweet paint job! Definitely digging it
UPDATES!

Cleaning up the engine bay a little more. It was pretty dull

Hitting the doors and jams

Its getting there!

Restored the terribly ugly faded rear window seals

Let the wetsanding and buffing commence!!
See less See more
A few exterior shots for now:

Headlights finally buffed out! and yes I know the driver side of the roof still needs it! :)

Also delivered today! Short antenna so I don't look like an RC car anymore, and LED conversion for interior lights.
See less See more
I know its kind of hard to see the actual finish on the paint for the lack of sun. But I can honestly say this thing is going to POP this summer.

This picture was taken in my passenger door, BEFORE it was even wetsanded, buffed, or polished.

Don't mind the orange peel lol
See less See more
Ahhhh...looks good, but lets be honest. The white was SEXY AF!
Ahhhh...looks good, but lets be honest. The white was SEXY AF!
personally I liked it too. BUT, there are two other tibs in my area that also have a white/black scheme... sooo... I needed to do something to separate myself. and I am not done yet :).
personally I liked it too. BUT, there are two other tibs in my area that also have a white/black scheme... sooo... I needed to do something to separate myself. and I am not done yet :).
Oh, don't get me wrong, AWESOME paint job man. and if there are a lot of white Tibs around, I completely understand the need to stand out. I have yet to see a white tib here in DFW. Although I know that they exist. Keep up the awesome work.
Tib looks awesome! Now its time for some go fast mods ;)
mmmm.... new shiny paint job :Jess:
:notbad: I must say, that is one good looking Tiburon you have there sir.
It was much needed prime lol
I liked the white too. But no denying a new paint job is better than an old one. Is that charger black?
I liked the white too. But no denying a new paint job is better than an old one. Is that charger black?
negative. tuxedo black, its a ford color
I love it! looks great man

The only thing i would add if i were you are new rims
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.