Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen/tried these yet? I'm getting ready to purchase a set of witer blades and this new frameless design looks interesting but makes me wonder if they are worth the price. I couldn't find a good pic of them online but they are almost identical to these Valeo blades:

·
Registered
481 Posts
they look like the bocsh (however you spell it) blades. I have them on my tib currently and they are by far the best wiper blades i have ever seen. They dont leave the streak of water like other blades do and wipe the window clean!! if they are anything like these blades then they should be great!!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
staw512 said:
whats so good about it???
Normal wiper blades have a skeletal frame to keep the flat blade in full contact with a curved windshield. That frame can get clogged with snow and ice in the winter and lift parts of the blade so you don't get a clean swipe. The first fix was winter blades that cover the entire frame with a rubber shield to keep the snow out.

These new blades don't use a frame but more of a leaf-spring to curve the blade that then is contoured to the glass. With no frame to catch snow, it should, in theory, keep the rubber blade in full contact in all weather.

Normal blades are about $8-9, winter blades are about $10-12, and these are $15.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Also, they weigh less so your car will go faster.

Until today I had never heard of the Optimum or Valeos. I just bought some new stock blades and put them on over the weekend. The aftermarket one I've tried never fit on the arm as securely...

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah they can add an extrah 5 to 10 hp lol jk..... i dont think the weight of the wiper blades affects driving by much at all if any, sorry if you were joking yourself...........

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have some of those too it's the same design but with a different name brand
I must say they are by far the best wiper blades that I've bought although I’ve never tried them in the snow.
But the cool thing about these blades is that the faster you go the more they push against the windshield, I got them up to 100mph and they still did a perfect job the blades has a smaller cross section and are shaped like a spoiler so they use the wind to push them on the windshield

·
Registered
231 Posts
Have just ordered a set of these, will post what I think when they arrive. Was hoping they would make these for a long time!

NoS

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well they arrived a few days ago, and have now gone back. Fantastic wipe, BUT they only did a good wipe in one direction, and they did not wipe properly at the edges of the blades, so they had to go back. They were a great idea and when the bosch ones eventually make it to the UK I will but them, as the ones I had were some random make I had never heard of.

NoS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts