Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys months ago I was brainstorming the idea of doing a rwd conversion on my tibby and kept brainstorming for an easier way. Now I'm wondering about a Rear Mid Engine build. But would the 2 cv shaft/joints being different lengths affect handling and make it pull to one side when accelerating? Or would that be counteracted since there wouldn't be regular fwd tie rods to let the wheel turn to the side? How would you do this if it were yours and you were on a pretty strict budget?
I have another 2.7 liter v6 I'm rebuilding over the winter to install in the spring. So hopefully i can have everything ready and fully planned out by then 馃憤

Registered
Hey guys months ago I was brainstorming the idea of doing a rwd conversion on my tibby and kept brainstorming for an easier way. Now I'm wondering about a Rear Mid Engine build. But would the 2 cv shaft/joints being different lengths affect handling and make it pull to one side when accelerating? Or would that be counteracted since there wouldn't be regular fwd tie rods to let the wheel turn to the side? How would you do this if it were yours and you were on a pretty strict budget?
I have another 2.7 liter v6 I'm rebuilding over the winter to install in the spring. So hopefully i can have everything ready and fully planned out by then 馃憤
View attachment 134875
The axles for the 2.7l should be the same length along with a lsd it should be fine also as stated above you cant have a strict budget with this you have to have more then enough funds I used to want to do this but then decided to go a separate route 9ne day maybe awd but neither is easy so you have to have the money and skills to weld and fabricate

Super Moderator
Search the forums and you'll find there's someone was in the process of making a mid-engine I4 Tib on here a couple years ago. I think the screenname was Seelyd or something like that. Anyway, he got very far in the project but I don't think he finished it. I recommend you find that thread, read through it, and then ask yourself if you're confident in replicating the work that he has done, and then try to estimate what it would take to finish it on top of that, and then ask if it's worth it.

Registered

Registered
That car is no more as I remember someone bought the car after he posted it up for sale last year and the person bought it for the built motor and said he would scrap the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts