Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threw a CEL the other day and went to get it checked out. Comes back as "multiple misfires in cylinder 1,2,3 and 4." Not really sure what's goin on here. Kinda pissed. Anyone else have this problem? Oh, and I have the alpine kit. Not saying that to down Alpine, just thowing it out there as information because other than the litttle problems I've been having I love the kit. Just wished they would've offered the T28 when I bought mine.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Krazie said:
Threw a CEL the other day and went to get it checked out. Comes back as "multiple misfires in cylinder 1,2,3 and 4." Not really sure what's goin on here. Kinda pissed. Anyone else have this problem? Oh, and I have the alpine kit. Not saying that to down Alpine, just thowing it out there as information because other than the litttle problems I've been having I love the kit. Just wished they would've offered the T28 when I bought mine.
how were you drving the car? racing it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...not really. Mainly just highway driving...stepping on it every now and then.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i dont wanna step on no toes or anything , but i think it safe to say that when you ad a s/c or a t/c you might be the kind of person who steps on it every once in a while ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't be able to do that until tomorrow hopefully. I'll let ya know. thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
diymirage said:
i dont wanna step on no toes or anything , but i think it safe to say that when you ad a s/c or a t/c you might be the kind of person who steps on it every once in a while ;)
lol...you're right there. Don't worry, my toes are fine :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was having similar roblems and i gapped mine to like .42...it helped a bit but I was still misfiring in cylinder 1...so i gapped it to .40 and it helped a little bit more...got cold so the car has been parked since then though. I'd be interested to see how .38 goes for you, make sure you let us know.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Krazie said:
How do you have your 5th injector hooked up? Are you taking a positive from the fuse box
or are you tapped off antoher injector?

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Check your 5th injector positive voltage connection. Some cars seem to not like the power for the 5th injector tapped into the existing injector power supply. Any switched 12v supply will work fine. If you have a MAF sensor you may also want to check the sensor to make sure its not coated with filter oil or damaged.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that all current kits do not have the 5th injector power tapped into the injector supply to avoid possible situations like this. Thanks Bruce!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright...plugs are all at .028, we're that way already. 5th injector is not connected to another injector. Maf is clean. I think I'm just gonna have to conclude that the Unichips tune is the problem. Anyone wanna come tune it for me?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have also experienced a cyl 1 misfire and or cyl 2 misfire on a few occasions(sp).I changed the plugs to the bkr6e-11 and gapped them to .035.I found the stock exhaust to be a big part of the problem.Scrap it if you still have it.After I got rid of the stock tailpipe assembly,I havent had the misfire codes and the car pulls alot stronger.Im goin to get me a 2.5 turbo back exhaust very shortly.Hopefully that will release more of the kits potential

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the Injen catback and as far as the plugs go, i forget which ones they are but they're the NGKs Alpine sent me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts