Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2003 Tiburon GT and when I bought it, the seller told me he was getting an 02 Sensor error. My own code scanner told me that it's a P0031 error. Upon looking that up I found that's a Bank 1 Sensor 1 error.

Looking into the error, I found that my Tiburon is missing a vacuum line hose coming off the intake. Searching Google and this forum I've had a hard time figuring out exactly where the other end is supposed to go. I'm guessing it's somewhere under the engine cover that I can't see.

Does anyone have a picture showing where the other end of the hose is supposed to attach?

EDIT: Looks like I'm new to the site so I can't directly post the image. The image is located here:

i.imgur.com/9KiJlJo.jpg

·
Registered
719 Posts
on the back valve cover, should be on the left side of the cover (transmission side) pointing straight out. although that code is a heater failure for the bank 1 sensor 1 (front top o2), I highly doubt a vacuum hose will fix a heater failure.

you'll probably also need a new o2, I recommend NTK as Tiburons tend to be very picky about what o2 sensor you give them.

Edit again...
here's a picture of what mine looks like, you can actually see the hose clamp if you look closely:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks for your help. I'll be replacing both the vacuum hose and that 02 Sensor this weekend!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may have found the problem.

That hose seems to be going to the wrong place. It's going to the connector on top of the throttle body.

imgur.com/a/G4bRr

I'm assuming that hose is supposed to go somewhere else?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Top air throttle port>>>sensor, front facing throttle port >>>front valve cover/PCV, air intake>>>rear valve cover, rear upper intake manifold>>>brake booster

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top air throttle port>>>sensor, front facing throttle port >>>front valve cover/PCV, air intake>>>rear valve cover, rear upper intake manifold>>>brake booster

New to the site. Can you provide pictures of the diagram you mentioned???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts