Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas,

I am opening this new thread as an ongoing event invite to anyone who wants to go Mission Raceway Drag Strip to race, watch or just to meet up others.

Me and some of the guys/girls go there almost once a month on the Friday Night Street Legal Drag Racing Series to "drive it like it was stolen" and it'll be cool if we can get more fellas on board whenever we do this.

So, post any dates/invite, pics, timeslips, questions/comments and etc (related to "legal" drag racing)

Official Website:
http://www.missionraceway.com/

Location/Map:
32670 **** Road, Mission B.C. V2V 4J5

Schedule:
2010 Racing Season

More Info/Rules:
Friday Night Street Legal Drag Racing Series

See yah guys there!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next Race:

Friday, Aug 07, 2009
4:30 PM - Onwards

I wanna get used to the slick tires and I am excited to finally get to use my new Launch Control (MSD DIS-2 w/ 2 Step)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next Race:

Friday, Sept 25, 2009
Racing starts at 5:30 PM

Meet at Colosus Langley @ 4 PM and cruise down to Mission from there

Its gonna be a nice day!!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hey I get off work just after 4, so i'll be over at the theatre at around 10 after. Hopefully we can get that swivel fitting on the icebox sealed up so I can run with it. I plan to break into the tripple digits and if i can use the icebox, see a 14 flat or possibly high 13's =)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yep, he owns a shop. The thing is done out, and he is usually at the Friday Night Drags. There is also a SOHC Civic DX who ran under 11 seconds a few weeks ago. A 10 second SOHC was unheard of lol.

We've also got a few guys who run their GT-R's there and I raced a CLS55 AMG when we were there last =) Lots of nice and exoitic rides to race against.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was a good night... very busy though, tons of nice and fast cars!!!

JGresh, too bad we missed you...

Congrats to cj getting into the 15's with the bolt ons...

iwb, glad that the icebox leak has been fixed...

Dropzero and a couple of more guys couldn't run since they came a little late, maybe next time

·
Registered
30 Posts
wish i could of made it out to cheer you guys on. cj did awesome. Jay/iwb: what was your best runs?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
That was a good night... very busy though, tons of nice and fast cars!!!

JGresh, too bad we missed you...

Congrats to cj getting into the 15's with the bolt ons...

iwb, glad that the icebox leak has been fixed...

Dropzero and a couple of more guys couldn't run since they came a little late, maybe next time
i'll be up and running in a few days don't you worry.. i'm currently driving a 2007 suzuki aerio taht i grabbed from work lol.. 5 sp its pretty ballin..
congrats on breaking 16 cj
how did everyone else do?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
First time out with the new icebox installed. My best time was 14.410, however I was only running on 91 octane. First run was a 14.750 and my last 4 were all 14.4's lol I should start doing bracket.
nice :) wish i was there though :( any other near future plans for the car? I know you've been looking for parts a lot

·
Registered
69 Posts
come on gary, i want my 15 second video put up!! lol
15.945 with cai, header and full exhaust...running 89 octane, and weighing in at 3065lb with me in the car

·
Registered
184 Posts
best part was j-m had to borrow some nuts so he could open that baby up LOL im glad i could be of assistance
as for runnin the strip next year ill be on that track with a TURBO!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^
:3_worship Thanks for the nuts!!! Yeah i forgot to bring the set for my drag slick rims since I was in a hurry to get to the track that day.

I hope that my previous setup will work good in your car

wish i could of made it out to cheer you guys on. cj did awesome. Jay/iwb: what was your best runs?
My best was a 13.2 @ 106 MPH that night, I just wanna get back to the 12's again... maybe next year

Anyways, I only found this pic on the track website... I'm going to see if i can find more of you guys

Attachments

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Final 2009 Street Legal Drag:

Friday, October 9th 2009 @ Mission Raceway Park (See OP for more location info)
Racing begins at 5:30

Again if anyone is interested and wanted to meet up prior, I leave the Langley area (Colosus Theatre) just after 4pm. Weather should be great especially with the air getting really cold after 8, there should be great runs to be had. This is the last drag night until next April, so come on out! Even if you don't want to race, it's only 5 bucks to get into the gate/pits.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What time do we need to be there? I work on Fridays, and the earliest I can get off work is like 4 -4:30pm..

·
Registered
184 Posts
hehe im in :p

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
If you`re racing, they usually close tech inspection just after 7pm or at Dusk. If you`re just coming to hang out, anytime is good. Racing normally goes until around 10pm. That is usually when they shut it down from moisture showing up on the track.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts