Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you`re racing, they usually close tech inspection just after 7pm or at Dusk. If you`re just coming to hang out, anytime is good. Racing normally goes until around 10pm. That is usually when they shut it down from moisture showing up on the track.
But if I get there at like 5:30pm, will I be lined up with random guys? Does it matter? Do you guys usually race against each other? Do you need a group?

As you can see I've never been to one of these before lol :3_puh2:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tempting...

·
Registered
184 Posts
ill def be going down the strip man Lol i gotta that way i know what my time is and then BAM Turbo lol

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Thomas: Hey if it's your first time at the track, you want to let the people at the entrance booth know you want to race. They will give you a Tech card that you will need to fill out (BRING A PEN WITH YOU!!!). Once you have paid, drive over to the Tech inspection area (Far side of the pits). Your car will be checked out (and pass no prob) and they will sign your tech card. Take that tech card then to the timeslip shack, and there you must sign the waiver and they will give you your wrist band. After that it's fun sailing =)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thomas, u also need cash($30)
Gary, i almost guarentee you went get better than 17.000 seconds, thats what i pulled.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Too bad you couldn't make it glassball, but it wasn't a great night for track conditions. A Plymoth Daytona blew synthetic oil all down the track just after 5:30 when things were getting under way. I got there at 5:15 and didn't get my first run in until almost 7:30! Only 3 runs, 2 of which i couldn't hook up.

Now the good news. New personal best =) 14.291 @ 98.91 =)

After we turbocharge DropZero i'll have some good GK competition to go up against next year! Good seeing all you guys who came out! Cheers!

·
Registered
184 Posts
i cant wait till she sees boost :p i thought the 08 was the GS not the GK ???? i could be wrong!?lol
me and my gay *** 17.405 @ 80MPH not to shabby for 3200 pound car eh! lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
ah makes sence

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Next Race:
Date:
Friday, June 25, 2010
Time: 5:30 PM - 11PM (approx)

Meeting Area Location:
Chevron at 232 Street South from Hwy # 1 Exit 66 @ 4:30PM
23182 - 72 Avenue Langley, BC <<<< Click for Map

C'mon Fellas, lets do this!!! There are 5 tibs who will be racing so far!!! Who else wants to join? You don't have to race, you can also be there to cheer us on. Oh, lets get some Genesis Coupes in here!

• Jay-M
  • iwb
  • Rex3 - From Calgary
  • BlueSpanishShark - from Calgary
  • TrevC
  • dropzero
  • Freddy.yu

·
Registered
5 Posts
hahaha. Wish i had better tires that would stick more but I will give it a go. I looked on the site and it never said anything about the battery in the trunk. Right now it is in a plastic battery box and strapped down. Does anyone know if I need to bolt it down?

*edit*
I found the Battery rules. It needs be bolted down and Rear firewall is mandatory when relocated battery in trunk. I also need a master power cut off switch in the rear. I have no time for that so I guess I will just watch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
well this year i ran a 15.52, compaired to my stock of 17.405 lol ill be running my new old GTP but im not sure ill run, till iget the tranny serviced seeing is how it hasnt been done for a while....... but i will be their to cheer on :D

Gary.

·
Registered
184 Posts
possibly but who knows :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Update:

Meeting Area Location:
Chevron at 232 Street South from Hwy # 1 Exit 66 @ 4:30PM