Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't drive my car for about a week and a half when I was out of town for the holidays. Well when I got back I noticed what looked like water drops that had run down the inside of the windshield...I didn't think much of it.

So last night I went to grab dinner after my car had been parked for about an hour, and the windows were all fogged up...again the moisture being on the inside. It wasn't just the windshield either. The back window and sunroof were the same way and I think the sides were too.

Any ideas what could be causing this? It's like when you are riding with AC and roll down the windows on a humid day, the rear view mirror fogs up...but it's all my windows.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Happens all the time. It's normal depending on your climate. Unless you get a dehumidifier, not much you can do.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I wanted to hear...I was hoping there wasn't something wrong that was causing it.

I guess that's the price I pay to live in Florida.

Thanks mang!

·
Registered
356 Posts
It means there is moisture "trapped" inside the car. Prolly in the seats. I would guess it came from when it was real hot last week. Then, when it turns cold like this week and the outside temp drops below a certain temp, the humid air coldens and condensates or becomes water. There is my chemistry .02. lol.
Just drive around with your AC on for a while. It dehumidifies the air.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love these damn boards. I've yet to have a question that wasn't answered on here...saves me a lot of stress.

Thanks NT!

·
Registered
434 Posts
ahh was going to post this I had it in the last three day too! thanks guys!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I would suggest running the A/C alot for a few days to help get the humidity out the car. Also, leave the sunroof and windows cracked slightly when parked to get the moisture out (that is, if it's not raining).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts