Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Monroe vs. kyb struts assembly

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  427troy 
#1 ·
So yeah just got my tiburon bought it from my friend for 700 dollars and it has 151,000 miles on it, it’s an 04 gt automatic. So we got it running and everything but the ride is so bouncy and just not good, so I ordered Monroe struts for all four sides, Monroe strut mounts, boots, pretty much everything Monroe that you can replace on a strut, except for the coil springs. I was trying to get the same struts my friend has, but it was really hard to get a hold of him when I was ordering this ****, (long story don’t ask but he really pissed me off cause I couldn’t get a hold of him!). And we’ll he has kyb struts and he said he didn’t like how Monroe felt on his tiburon,m (we both have the same exact tibby now, he was using mine a friend gave to him for parts and stuf). And now the parts have already been shipped by partsgeek.com, and I’m about to start a new job, and I need to have my tiburon ready so I can drive too and from work soon. I’m already gonna have to put my start date off by like a week and ****, and at the rate parts geek ships parts if I were to return the parts I prolly couldn’t start for like two weeks. I almost didn’t even wanna do it with my friend but he offered, I was ready to pay the whopping 729 at my familly mechanic (also I’m installing centric ceramic pads and rotors, so 440 for all four struts, 220 for all four rotors/pads, and 60 bucks for bleeding gt them) but I’m only gonna do my mechanic as a last resort if **** doesn’t work out with my friend cause idk he’s married recently and it’s weird, I hate when my friends get married lol no offense to anyone on here haha. But yeah can anyone tell me how Monroe struts compare to kyb struts are they really worse? Like how much? Are they just like a little worse? My friend said he had them on his first tiburon or something and just did not like them, he couldn’t explain cause he had to go cuz his kid/baby was crying, so I’m like over here wondering if I pretty much shot myself in the foot by ordering these struts, I bought everything needed in Monroe brand to go with them, even the coil spring insulators! But yes please share with me your thoughts, opinions, and experiences any input is greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
From what I understand Monroe are not great.

I personally bought KYB struts for $60 a pop and a set of Eibach lowering springs on sale for $160 direct from the manufacturer for a total of about $400 in parts. You can find KYBs on various sites like Amazon, RockAuto and probably partsgeek. These are the part numbers for the KYBs:

Line Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.