Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm getting closer and closer to finally being able to purchase a Tib, I'm probably gonna have alot of questions. Such as, is it worth it to get the moon roof? Those of you who have one, are you glad you have it? Or do you wish you would have bought a Tib with no moon roof? I really do like it, but I'm wondering how it will hold up. Have you guys/girls ever had any trouble with yours? Do they leak? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
havnt had an issue. dont use it much because its to hot in the summer with the sun coming through, to cold in the winter but at night summer time or a decent fall afternoon i hit the button that pops open the back of it for cool air to get in

·
Registered
538 Posts
You should defenitely get the moon roof. I love mine; but yeah, in direct sunlight I generally keep it closed because it gets really hot, at night or in the evening you'll be glad you have one.

I have heard a lot of people reporting minor problems with the moonroof not closing smoothly. My Tib is '05 and when you press and hold the button to close it stops then goes, then stops and goes etc; It doesn't always close in a continous motioin. That's the only problem though. No leaks.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
anyone with the stop and go problem, if u have warranty still left, take it to your dealership. the button controls on the roof have a shorting problem. mine was replaced last week....it now works wonderful, no problems at alll. my dealer gave me no problems whatsoever, the mechanic even said the buttons were jacked up. its not the motor, it is the button control panel/lights/sunglasses holder. the whole thing.

and yes i recommend the sunroof. i love mine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
anyone with the stop and go problem, if u have warranty still left, take it to your dealership. the button controls on the roof have a shorting problem. mine was replaced last week....it now works wonderful, no problems at alll. my dealer gave me no problems whatsoever, the mechanic even said the buttons were jacked up. its not the motor, it is the button control panel/lights/sunglasses holder. the whole thing.

and yes i recommend the sunroof. i love mine.
Thanks, I'll make sure to get that done when I get my Tib ready for summer!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Mine is ALWAYS open, every time I'm in the car.

The only times it's not:
1) if the sun's directly overhead
2) if it's sweltering hot and I need full A/C
3) if it's ridiculously cold
4) if it's raining

I close it whenever the car's shut off, and I open it as soon as I turn it back on. That's at LEAST two complete cycles a day for almost three years now...and I've never had any problems with it.

Get it!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Love it, but I've had the sticky button issue. Only happens occasionally, to the point where I haven't brought it to get fixed. This one hasn't leaked yet, but my previous Mitsubishi's leaked after like 5 years. So I won't be surprised if four more years (more or less) and this one does too. With all that said, I absolutely love mine open.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Get it its worth it. I love mine. My button to open it sticks all the time but the tilt button works just fine. Ive had them replace the assembely twice and the same button gives me problems.

·
How do you change this?
2,294 Posts
My Tib is the first car I have owned in the past 8 cars that did not have a moonroof. I wish it did cause even if you never open it just having the glass there makes the cabin look more roomy. I miss having a moonroof :(

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Had mine over 3 years with no problems. I let the the moonroof push back the shade which everyone says you're not supposed to. But I've never had a problem with mine, and I think it's because by letting the moonroof push it back, it goes back straight. Mines open all summer day & night.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.