Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a set of headers that will evacuate heat the best for my tibby. I'll be running nitrous soon and I want to take every precaution in protecting my engine...ok so...uhm which ones are best?

·
Banned
434 Posts
hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

what makes you think the people around here have been intelligent enough to figure that out? or even think of it in the first place?

bwahahahahahah

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Seriously...
All of the available headers.... flow practically the same.. Choose whatever is readily available and fits your budget.

DC Sports $445 shipped from PTuning
SSA V2 $300 shipped from SSA on eBay

There are one or two others, I'm just not sure on where the best price is for them.

05GT

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
If you have the money and want the absolute best design then pm tim at nextgen to see if he's making his custom designed headers or see if anyone has the rippmodds race headers. I cant tell you if they flowed better or now, they should just by their design.

IMO though it wont make a significant difference just as long as you get some form of aftermarket headers.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
you can get dcsports headers for like $385 shipped from a seller called raceoptions on ebay

bought mine from him, great seller.

as far as heat, my guess would be that either the dcsports or hotshots would be your best option since they're ceramic coated and the rest arent....

if you need more heat resistance you could wrap them

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have heard some horror stories about wrapping headers... ie they warp and what not. I cannot say from any experience whether this is true or not. Vintage hot rods and track cars do use header wrap -hot rods because it was the vintage cheap thing to do (To keep your car rustic and true, hehee) Track cars are being rebuilt all the time... sooooo...

But, if you are concerned about flow, heat distribution and retention as well as underhood temps. I would peronally go this route:

1. Get a vented Carbon Fiber/Fiber Glass hood, or vent your stock hood. Stock hood would be heavier and just as expensive to vent as getting a new hood.

2. Go with Hot Shots or DC Sports they are ceramic coated. You might be able to find a set of DCs on here for cheap being used.

3. If you can afford it, go Hot Shots, they are the only header with the same length... collector pipes? The would be the best flow all around.

Both DC Sports and Hot Shots can be purchased with a Cat Converter on them for extra $$$ but they are costly for a reason.

·
Registered
735 Posts
No CEL with any of them if you get o2 sims for your lower 2 o2 sensors. (Find the DIY in the DIY section seach "Spark Plug Non Foulers") Non are Carb legal. Though some will allow you to pass emissions if you have the cat on them... Don't hold me to that though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have OBX headers and never had a CEL and OBX are good, they are about 300 and have no fitment issues

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
please stop wasting the internet...[/QUOTE said:
Im sory but i just wanted to point this out as the best quote ever. Applicable everywhere the internet is sold!

·
Registered
605 Posts
ddemlong said:
I have OBX headers and never had a CEL and OBX are good, they are about 300 and have no fitment issues
yea me too

i have the obx R full stainless headers and Y pipe , they fit perfect with no problems , i started out running the 125 shot on stock manifolds with just a catback but when i changed to the headers there was a very nice difference in the power on the bottle , now im supercharged and im running about 23-24# boost and still have no problems

:3_pimatyo

·
Registered
725 Posts
smebysound said:
yea me too

i have the obx R full stainless headers and Y pipe , they fit perfect with no problems , i started out running the 125 shot on stock manifolds with just a catback but when i changed to the headers there was a very nice difference in the power on the bottle , now im supercharged and im running about 23-24# boost and still have no problems

:3_pimatyo
well guesing by how much boost your running im sure your a 4 cly, ive always liked them and got refered to someone who races hondas. hey they are cheap, made of the same suff, fit, gave me 8whp and are shinny<oooooooooooo :woot:

·
Registered
605 Posts
ddemlong said:
well guesing by how much boost your running im sure your a 4 cly, ive always liked them and got refered to someone who races hondas. hey they are cheap, made of the same suff, fit, gave me 8whp and are shinny<oooooooooooo :woot:

nope i got the V6 :3_chubby:

·
Registered
605 Posts
just got it up and running this week , hope to dyno next weekend , TC said i should be over 500HP without the N2O

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
holy crap,

we need some videos of that!

i think that puts you right around the top of the list of the most powerfull tibs around

1 - 20 of 25 Posts