Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed new amp and rear speakers yesterday. Everything worked fine. Installed new deck today... Everything works fine when the key is turned to accessory, but when the car is running a crazy high picthed crackly/whistly noise comes out of the rear speakers. And that''s nto even the weird part, the noise gets louder when my rpms get higher.
I was in a bit of a rush so maybe I left a wire exposed that is touching something it shouldn't...
I don't wanna rip everything apart without getting a second opinion on what the problem might be....

Any ideas?:3_confuse

p.s, noise still occurs even if deck is low volume or off.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
sounds like you have some interference related to your deck install i would pull the deck out and check the wires i remember hearing something about a vss wire or tach running behind the radio awhile ago dont remember were or what models but if you have a wire running to close to your speakers wires, that could be potentially creating some electromagnetic interference with your speaker wires.

id pull the head unit and double check everything.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so your saying that they shouldn't even be near each other? but i will get on that right now thanks

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Tried moving everything around nothing worked, but i disconnected the rear speakers from the amp. There is no more high pitched sound, and my front speakers play fine now. Could it possibly be related to the wiring from deck to amp or something. I'm out of ideas. :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
sounds like a ground issue the coil packs work of the ground the fire when ground is connected thats what your hearing is the coil packs feeding back to them try changing the ground for the amp and rears

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I haven't wired a sound system in years...but I'll take a stab at this one. I'm sure the concepts haven't changed much since the 90's..LOL!

Check your ground(s). Do you have any power wires splicing into other power wires that run to functional car operating systems? (Lights, gauges, dash accessories, cig. lighter, etc.)

Rule of thumb...run all power/grounds directly to your battery.

OR

Run the ground to a non-painted metal surface of the actual BODY.

·
Registered
317 Posts
something like this happened to me..i forget what solved it tho :(

i think it had to do with a weak battery and running too much stuff at the same time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts