Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my motor went out on me cuz its knocking bad and its rattling really bad.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
what mods do you have?
does it run?
does it start but gets noisy?

nobody can help with that lack of info

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have a intake and exhaust, and it will start but it sounds really bad and has lots of rattling. and knocking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got water in my spark plug holes and that so for i think is the problem, i got the water out and it runs better but it still not right.

·
Banned
93 Posts
put the stock box back on, go to the stealership and hope for the best. as long as you are under warranty. if not.....go find a junk yard motor.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
if thats his car in the sig i dont think any dealership will buy he has stock intake system...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
brycelimetib04 said:
i got water in my spark plug holes and that so for i think is the problem, i got the water out and it runs better but it still not right.
If you're sure the intake's not also wet, see if you can get an air compressor and air nozzle, pull off the plug boots and blow around the plugs and ignition. Make sure the intake and filter are dry. Any codes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK i got it back running but i still have a weird knocking sound. i may have to get new plugs.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
tap or knock ? a tap is like a ticking sound , a knock is a distinctive literal knocking . if its the later sound id say your engine is screwed . are the oil changes done by you or somewhere else ? did you use factory oil filters ? because you should ( its been proven better than any aftermarket filter ) sounds like an oil problem and you may have broke something .

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no its a tic now but thats my flywheel i think the knocking went away after i played with it a Lil .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts