Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im ordering my new motor mounts this week and i just have a simple question about the install.
do i just un-bolt the old ones one by one and replace them? is it that simple?
or will the engine fall?
if someone could just give me a quick run down(tried searching) that would be great.
thanks
kevin

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
jack up car, put on jack stands, take jack out, unbolt motor mounts, bolt in new motor mounts... if new ones don't quite fit, put the jack under the engine and slowly raise it until the motor mounts fully bolt in. Do them one at a time (obviously). These don't hold the motor but are more or less roll stoppers. But removing them sometimes allows the engine to sag a tad (particularly the rear one).

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
jack up car, put on jack stands, take jack out, unbolt motor mounts, bolt in new motor mounts... if new ones don't quite fit, put the jack under the engine and slowly raise it until the motor mounts fully bolt in. Do them one at a time (obviously). These don't hold the motor but are more or less roll stoppers. But removing them sometimes allows the engine to sag a tad (particularly the rear one).
great, thanks for the fast reply. thats exactly what i needed to know.
would posi rep but i cant :(

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
When done, please advise if this was difficult, or any issues...thinking of doing mine soon.
The only tricky part is if the bolts are rusted or seized. It literally takes about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When done, please advise if this was difficult, or any issues...thinking of doing mine soon.
ill take pictures and make up a DIY when i do them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts