1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
What are you looking for?

Factory replacement?
Solid mounts?
Poly mounts?

Edit: Actually..... Solid mounts and poly mounts will be custom made. Solid mounts are easy, poly mounts ive been working on. Factory replacement is up to you where you get them from.

·
Registered
07 hyundai tiburon se v6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, ok that's new lol.... uummm are these brands or different mounts?
Sorry learning still.

I need to replace the oem one's cause they are worn out. But is it worth putting aftermarkets or just use oem?
If aftermarket is better, what brand should I go with? Link if possible,
Thank you.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, ok that's new lol.... uummm are these brands or different mounts?
Sorry learning still.

I need to replace the oem one's cause they are worn out. But is it worth putting aftermarkets or just use oem?
If aftermarket is better, what brand should I go with? Link if possible,
Thank you.
If you are just wanting a stock feel, stick with OEM or aftermarket oem style replacement. Any of your local retailers will be able to get what you need (oreilly's, napa, etc)

Performance mounts (solid or polyurethane) will allow you to transfer power from the engine more directly to the ground by not allowing the engine to move around as much, or not at all. However, with every performance gain, there is a take away in other ways. In this situation, you'll notice engine vibration especially at idle, as well as putting stress on other parts like the transmission. Unfortunately performance mounts for this car cant be bought anywhere except from somebody who is selling used ones, or from somebody like me who is willing to custom make them for the community.

·
Registered
07 hyundai tiburon se v6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooo, vibration definitely a no no. If I were to get it from you. What would the cost be? San Jose ca is where I'm at.

I want to fix up this car(1st time) but I don't know much beside regular maintenance.
Tbh, all I'd love to do at least is to get 250hp, and then simply fix on the exterior for looks. Definitely want to make the engine bay look clean.
But I know it's all about how much to am i willing to spend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ooo, vibration definitely a no no.
Then definitely go with a factory style replacement. You'll get a warranty with that too anyways.

250hp is going to be a stretch without spending big money. Mainly because there was little support for these cars to begin with, and even less now. It certainly can still be done NA with a cam regrind, higher compression pistons, balanced crank, tuning, etc. but asking for an extra 80hp is gonna require some custom parts.

Or you can go the forced induction route. There are supercharger kits being sold here from time to time. Ill be working on a new setup this coming year. But again, superchargers arent cheap. At this point, you gotta dig deep for whatever you want to do.

Word of advice, if you are thinking about doing an upgrade, do your research as best as possible, make a decision, then do it. A LOT of parts that are here today, may be gone tomorrow. I was going to purchase a supercharger kit, was listed last year. waiting until this year to start the project, and they stopped offering it. So now I have to fab everything up myself. Same story with the engine mounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts