Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the book time is for a swap to another 2.7L motor on our tibs? I wanna buy the NGM shortblock and am looking at prices so I know how much I will need in the summer.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Book time is about 28.5 hrs because of transfer of cylinder heads and and other components. With a shop rate of about 75.00 an hr, would run ya close to 2200.00 dollars :3_frown:

·
Registered
430 Posts
FstrTib said:
Book time is about 28.5 hrs because of transfer of cylinder heads and and other components. With a shop rate of about 75.00 an hr, would run ya close to 2200.00 dollars :3_frown:
ouch... thank god for the auto hobby shop on base where I'll be doing my short block install.

Good luck with yours Tuscani911

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Yes, book hours versus real time is a horrible exchange too

2 people can have a Delta out of a tib in 1.5 hours
exchange heads in 2 hours (cam removal)
put it back in under 2 hours....

I have a video of a Delta in full trim being removed by 2 people in under 45 minutes..

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
FstrTib said:
damn I would only pay TC that kind of labor charge

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
usagi said:
ouch... thank god for the auto hobby shop on base where I'll be doing my short block install.

Good luck with yours Tuscani911
Thanks Usagi, I'm gonna need it.

Do you guys think I should do it with a few of my friends? Weve swapped motors before on other cars, why not the tib?

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
Thanks Usagi, I'm gonna need it.

Do you guys think I should do it with a few of my friends? Weve swapped motors before on other cars, why not the tib?
if you have the experience then ya definatly, the hobby shop is a great resource

1 - 7 of 7 Posts