Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my amp and cap somewhere to keep them from sliding around. I was going to mount them to the backseat, but I recently decided I want to take the backseat out. So, where else is there? I thought about putting them on the top of my sub box, but I don't want the holes/screws to cause any distortion. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Make a amp rack in the rear section on the passanger side, that can easily be removed for access to the jack if need be. That way it is completely out of your way!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
you can just mount it to the box. if you dont plan on removing and installing the amp and cap, then you dont have to worry about any disortion.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b-dirty,
Would you mind writing up a quick DIY for what you did?

SpeedCheeser,
I haven't taken the back seat out yet, but I plan to in the future.

playtilithrtz,
If I want to replace the amp or cap one day, will the holes in the box cause distortion?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
scftw said:
playtilithrtz,
If I want to replace the amp or cap one day, will the holes in the box cause distortion?
only if you take out and remove the amp and cap like 20 times with 4 holes on each thats like 160 holes. If you move it like 2-3 times then its fine, no distortion.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

here is what i did. Hope this helps, you don't need to remove the seats for this either. mine will be coming out later. the amp is flush mounted and the seats can still go all the way up. you count sink the cap where i put the log and throw some lighting behind it, would look pretty sweet

·
Registered
653 Posts
scftw said:
b-dirty,
Would you mind writing up a quick DIY for what you did?

Ok, I'll do a rough breakdown.

Take the factory sub out, measure and cut a piece of MDF board that fits the side nice and flush. Then remove the factory mounting brackets from the factory sub, and use them to mount mdf board so that it makes a wall on the side of your hatch area. Take another piece of MDF board and cut it out to be attached perpendicular to the main board and cover up the hole. All in all, it's just cutting and screwing MDF boards together to make a shape that fills in the area. After that, just carpet over it and mount your amp. If you want, you can use the back side of it to mount other stuff like wire terminals and a cap. (I'll give you some pics when I get home)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I looked at both peoples pics of your systems. Nice set-ups. I'm finishing the rest of my box soon and I'll post pics. Two 15"s and two 10"s.

As far as mounting an Amp and Cap... mine are going to be where my backseats were.. I'll have a wall of my three amps and caps and all.

Hmmmm.... I can't wait for it to be finished.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts