Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Mounting suggestions

449 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  SpeedCheeser 
#1 ·
I want to mount my amp/cap, but can't figure out where to put them. I want to leave my stock sub in the car, so I can get one of Unholy's light/acrylic things for it. And I don't want to mount them to the back of the seats, because I want to take the backseat out eventually. The only other thing I can think of is just bolting them down where they are right now... On the trunk floor. But I'd like to have as much trunk space as possible for hockey gear, school stuff, etc.

What do you guys think?

#4 ·
if you remove you rear quater panel inside, (where your back speakers are) you can mount it in there, theres more then enough space and it doesn't overheat. just gotta screw it into the speaker mount and a panel mount, i was going to put a sub in there be obted for the box. might be something to look into.

#6 ·
ya both sides have a huge gap that it would fit into and it take only a couple minuets to get to and would leave you all your space. only interesting thing would be mounting. and again, its due able i hade mine in there till i made my box/amp rack.

#8 ·
when you take the panels off you and "disconect" the bottom of your back seat, takes a few seconds. run them under there and then straight to the sub. as for power , rc and remote turn on, your door sils pop out and line perfectly from the fron to the back, again 2-3 minutes, then run to your battery, all nice and clean. recomend running power on drivre side and rc on passenger. can run any wire you want under the seat and the lach brackets for the bottom of the seat make an excellent and close ground.

#13 ·
You could also make a very simple amp rack and put them in the passenger corner in the trunk, across from the factory sub.

#14 ·
Ok, I think I figured out what I'm going to do. I'm going to scratch the stock sub light idea and remove the stock sub, and mount the amp there. Then I'm going to put the capacitor opposite of it on the passenger side. I figure I can sell the stock sub anyway. Now I just have to figure out how to hide all the wires. I'll have to unhook, untangle, re-adjust, and reconnect all of them.

*Sigh*
:3_saai:

Does the carpet in the trunk come up somehow without needing to be reglued or something, so I can run it under there? I'll need to have wires going from front to back, and left to right, in order to keep my cap hooked up to my amp.

#15 ·
Yes, perfection is pain staking sometimes!

#17 ·
scftw said:
This I know. :3_saai:

Does the carpet in the trunk come up somehow without needing to be reglued or something, so I can run it under there? I'll need to have wires going from front to back, and left to right, in order to keep my cap hooked up to my amp.
yeah, it's all one big pice of cardboard or plastic or something. Take off the spare cover, then just kinda start pulling it up, you'll figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.