Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

"MRPHOTOMAN" Icebox setup

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Mines Better 
#1 · (Edited)

#5 ·
Still working great! I have some nice SS hoses on the way :)

Something that would work great with this would be to drill a hole on each side of the icebox, insert a Cry02 intake bulb inside and run the hoses throug the sides of the icebox. Seal it up and then anytime you wanted to "ice" your coolant just press a button. :)

#17 ·
I will have a few setups,

Economy:
-standard rubber hoses precut with connectors
-aluminum icebox

Standard:
-standard rubber hoses precut with connectors
-aluminum icebox
-10" fan

Deluxe
-stainless steel hoses precut with connectors
-aluminum icebox with choice of colors
-10" fan
-race battery

The hoses will be cut with connectors installed and all you will have to do is remove the old alpine can and hose and replace it with this one. Mount it in place of the old battery and install the fan. It takes no time at all to install.

Interested in this. I wish I would find a heat exchanger like tooblue's but doesnt involve cutting the front bumper and hoses that would work with the NGM manifold. Looks like you'll be having me do some research :p. Any estimate on prices? I probably would be interested in the race battery and just the icebox reserviour (possibly powdercoated).

#12 ·
Beautiful job on this photo ... very nice setup ...

#20 ·
Hey photo are you running the intercooler pump supplied by alpine? Have you run into any problems with the fan drawing too much electrical power when it is wired up to the intercooler pump? I have the laminova set up which comes with a different size intercooler. Its like a perfect square and looks a little shady to me, although john at alpine told me that my smaller intercooler is more efficient than the traditional alpine ones i'm not too sure. Heres what it looks like you think the fan will work on this?

#23 ·
just wanted to say love how ur engine bay looks all together. good job :)

#25 ·
jea man those recent pics are awesome. i saw them in ur other thread, but i didnt wanna take it off topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.