Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Verrrry cool! Wish I had that much!

I'm just curious:

How hard is it to lift the doors? Is it annoying to have to explain to every new person in your car how to properly open them?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
psycho17 said:
Verrrry cool! Wish I had that much!
I'm just curious:
How hard is it to lift the doors? Is it annoying to have to explain to every new person in your car how to properly open them?
The doors lift themselves, they each have 2 strong hydraulics that do all the work, you just open, they lift.
It's not that annoying, i don't carry new people around, just the usual suspects, so they have all been briefed on how to be "proper" haha

...make me an offer!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
So, let me get this straight... if we pay you 300 for the doors you will let us do what to you? Just kidding man.. I have these on my car, and they are the best vertical doors avaialble for the Tib... strong, perfect fit and if I didn't already have them, I would buy them myself...

·
Registered
32 Posts
i know they go for alot
but i just cant spend that much on a little braket
when if i sat down and looke dat one just weld one up at work
i didnt mean any offense to you with my offer

·
Registered
58 Posts
heith said:
i know they go for alot
Well, then why don't you? Then you can show them off at the next meet.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heith said:
i know they go for alot
Haha...wow, thats a bold statement...well, psycho17 wants you to make your own, and so do I, cause it's not as basic as you think. Its not a bracket, its an entire hinge system. click here for a few pics of you "simple", made-at-work vertical doors

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'll give you 1000 canadian for them. Unless you can picture prove flawless fitment and door alignment.

Next... Does it come with the instructions?
What was ur Install time?
(I have the shark racing verticle door kit and i busted the drivers side hinge re-ajusting it so i'm in the market for a new one.)
You had to measure and drill out holes...... yikes!!!------ is it pretty straight forward or is there lots of potential for errors?

I need details lol. then we shall re negotiate pricing. if your kit is still for sale.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Galagher said:
1. I'll give you 1000 canadian for them. Unless you can picture prove flawless fitment and door alignment.
2. Next... Does it come with the instructions?
3. What was ur Install time?
(I have the shark racing verticle door kit and i busted the drivers side hinge re-ajusting it so i'm in the market for a new one.)
4. You had to measure and drill out holes...... yikes!!!------ is it pretty straight forward or is there lots of potential for errors?
I need details lol. then we shall re negotiate pricing. if your kit is still for sale.
1. Yeah, i can picture prove flawless fitment and such of them, but my car is far from flawless because of everything else i've done to it! The proof that i needed when i bought these over any other brand was fixer's car, he has had ever other kit, and is daily driving this one still.(i daily drive with this kit too!)
2. Yes it comes with a video on a cd, with no sound, but it's straight forward, very easy to do.
3. My install time was 4 hours, not including some extra painting i did.
4. 2 holes each side, very easy, not much potential for error unless you can't follow instructions well.
there is a DIY on my GKGarage site...go look. I'm not sure I posted ALL the pics, but the general idea is there.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Cool man. ... sounds like a good deal.... Give me a couple weeks to get some stuff straightend out and i'll prolly have some money for you. Sorry i gotta wait for some more cash flow... my truck tranny blew on me so i have to get some tires for the tib for winter first.....(sigh) But gimme a couple of weeks i could have your asking price for ya.

one more question... do they seal up nice?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts