Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Creating and submitting a DIY(Do-It-Yourself) guide to installing a part or modifying your car is a great way to help this community. Not only for the current members, but many members to come as well. Over the years we have compiled a vast amount of DIY's and we only hope the list keeps growing. So if you can't seem to find what you are looking for, go ahead and create one! We are always looking for new ideas and more information!

We do, however, have certain guidelines for these DIY's. And for the sake of time wasted on editing, they are in place to insure consistency throughout this information sub-forum.

The guidelines are as follows:
1. Pictures are required: Make sure they are sized correctly and hosted on a good server(flickr, photobucket, etc.). If you don't have them yet, the DIY can wait until you do. Many of our members would much rather look at a pic than read how to do something. Even if it is something simple.
2. Grammar/Spelling: Members need to be able to understand what it is you're saying. I believe a majority of us are educated enough to know how to use punctuation, spell words correctly, etc.
3. Thorough Descriptions: Explain everything you can. Be very detailed. If something is important, note that it is. Not every member is mechanically savvy.
4. Steps: List each step of the DIY. Obviously starting with Step 1. Doing this not only helps with the overall structure of the DIY, but it will also help the member using the DIY.
5. Review: Reviewing your DIY will give the members a better idea of the difficulty level, time factor, and an even better idea of what to expect once the DIY is completed.
6. Follow Up: Really can't stress this one enough. Stick around and keep up with your DIY. Answer questions as they come up and don't be afraid to let us know if you happen to find something to add to it down the road.

Here is an example of a DIY created by myself. Use it as a guideline.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205421

Once your DIY has been created following the guidelines, make a new thread with the prefix: "DIY" and the title: "Your Install/Mod" and post it in this forum, DIY Submissions. A staff member will review it, approve it if it meets our guidelines, and move it to the correct sub-forum.

***Please Note*** Once your DIY has been moved out of the submissions section, you will no longer be able to edit it. If at any point you do wish to edit it again, you will need to get in contact with a staff member so that it can be moved back to the submissions section. I would also note that DIY's are subject to deletion and editing if need be. It may seem strict, but our goal is to provide the best information to our members.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to PM me.

Thanks,

-Luke-

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.