Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced, coil packs, plugs, sparks, and injectors, everything where its supposed to be to the best of my knowledge/ability.

before I replaced my old coil pack I had misfires, the upgrade fixed that but now my car revs on idle, and sticks at 2k if I rev it. I have a video to explain it better. here:
(I'm not holding gas btw, it just revs up like that on its own. also sorry for the shaky video quality)

not sure what's up with it, figured someone here could help. this was a persistent issue a little while ago too but it was fixed by changing out the sparkplugs. so I'm not sure why this time it's acting up.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
Can't view your link without requesting access. Might need to open up sharing to public or copy the link to share it rather than copy the address bar.

If your car was misfiring for quite some time it's likely that the ECU's adaptive values are trying to make up for the difference in air/fuel based on its false O2 readings previously. You should try resetting the ECU by pulling the negative battery terminal for a few minutes then start it and let it idle for 15 minutes. If the problem persists, look into a possible vacuum leak or failing idle air control valve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't view your link without requesting access. Might need to open up sharing to public or copy the link to share it rather than copy the address bar.

If your car was misfiring for quite some time it's likely that the ECU's adaptive values are trying to make up for the difference in air/fuel based on its false O2 readings previously. You should try resetting the ECU by pulling the negative battery terminal for a few minutes then start it and let it idle for 15 minutes. If the problem persists, look into a possible vacuum leak or failing idle air control valve.
20220112_161544.mp4 try it now

it was misfiring but it was primarily an issue with the old coil pack and fuel injectors, injectors were practically shot and the coil pack was completely stock. but I'll try it, right now

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
As Chase stated this is often caused by a vacuum leak somewhere or a faulty or dirty IAC.

Other possible cause are the TPS sensor, a sticking throttle cable, or a dirty throttle body causing the butterfly valve to physically stick open.

Whenever replacing the IAC or TPS be sure to use OEM sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts