Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Well, if you were in school, and went back in September and the teacher asked you did during summer vacation, you would have had one heck of a story (yes, I read the link and watched some of the videos).
hahaha yes, you'd be right. And hey, thanks for reading into it!

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Quick post: I've been working on my car. But in the engine bay. Major modifications are happening here :p
For the sake of organization I will update that progress either in my Member Profile or a different thread altogether. Though I will be doing some body work as well which I'll keep in this thread. I'll tell you now my hood will be vented in a functional manner. Picture of recent status:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cant wait to see the exterior updates.

I now have a 3D model of the FL2 I'm using to design parts to 3D print.

Takes a lot of the guess work out.

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #288 (Edited)
Cant wait to see the exterior updates.

I now have a 3D model of the FL2 I'm using to design parts to 3D print.

Takes a lot of the guess work out.
haha, yeah I might wait until next winter/spring to unveil the exterior fully since I have been seriously considering repainting my car a different colour :surprise:

Actually I'll go ahead and post one photo of the exterior in my next post; can't get tooo greedy with all the hype haha.

That's really interesting you got an FL2 model. How is it for accuracy? Curious where you got it from and what kind of stuff you have been designing.

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I realized it'll still be a while until the exterior is fully done, so I will just go ahead and post it in its current state. I posted this photo on instagram anyway:

The focus right now is on engine bay, underbody and other mechanical components (I am really downplaying "mechanical components" here hehe). I will return to finishing the exterior fully this coming winter 2019-20 since I now have my friend's shop to work in at my leisure. It may still be red at the end of it, but there is one other colour I have been strongly considering.

Apart from colour, the biggest changes will be the hood, front bumper (specifically in the fog light areas & upper grille), followed by headlights & taillights. Hmm gonna clean up the roof too. Actually got a little more in mind than I originally thought.. haha. oh well, it's fine for now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
haha, yeah I might wait until next winter/spring to unveil the exterior fully since I have been seriously considering repainting my car a different colour :surprise:

Actually I'll go ahead and post one photo of the exterior in my next post; can't get tooo greedy with all the hype haha.

That's really interesting you got an FL2 model. How is it for accuracy? Curious where you got it from and what kind of stuff you have been designing.
I think the only colour that would look better is white.

I'm in the process of tidying it up and getting it scaled correctly then I will know how it is.
It certainly looks the part.

I bought it from CGtrader but it needed a little work as it was missing a few parts.
Have a look at my IG Fusedfabrication to see what I have been making.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Easily the best looking ride there. I'd LOVE for someone to 3D print replacement fog light bezels that would either be a mesh design that matches the OEM center mesh, or a function brake cooling duct. Of course that would have to be made of a material that could withstand the elements which most 3D printers can't do.. :(

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
I think the only colour that would look better is white.

I'm in the process of tidying it up and getting it scaled correctly then I will know how it is.
It certainly looks the part.

I bought it from CGtrader but it needed a little work as it was missing a few parts.
Have a look at my IG Fusedfabrication to see what I have been making.
haha I like the way you think ;) Before ending up deciding on red, I wanted my Tiburon to be white. This was over ten years ago when I was still a teenager in high school.

Ah, very interesting, I'll have to find it and check it out. Yeah, thanks for adding me on IG, I'll be sure to check out what you got.

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Easily the best looking ride there. I'd LOVE for someone to 3D print replacement fog light bezels that would either be a mesh design that matches the OEM center mesh, or a function brake cooling duct. Of course that would have to be made of a material that could withstand the elements which most 3D printers can't do.. :(
Thank you good sir I am glad you like it!

Yeah funny you mention that, in the past I had ideas to turn the fog bezel area into something with a mesh. But a couple years ago I decided what would be best is to create a clear lens over them, and cut open the area beside the fog bezel to let air through there and escape through a particular section in the wheelwell. If you look at the image above you will see that at the very least I did cut open a little section beside the fog bezel in anticipation of creating this in the future, with the intention of creating air channels in that area to properly direct the air passing through. I will get onto that project once I have my car back on the road from my engine bay project (which will be in a couple weeks).

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Yeah, noticed that. vents in the wheel well liner helps evac the air as well. I have my intake in the drivers and PS cooler in the pass side. Both definitely need more air than the little fog light hole can give but I'm not willing to just remove the surrounds and have it look ugly. lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey man this is awesome! I printed my shifter and door handle and I've been wanting to print/replace more pieces on the interior for now then outside later. It cool that you're making it as stock as possible. I'd really like to print a whole front bumper or body kit in pieces and use fiberglass to coat it kinda like you said.

281 - 295 of 295 Posts