Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 294 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi!
Your work looks very nice and aggressive :good: it is similar to mine (i have CF in the middle),
so waiting for your end result pictures!

Here is a picture of my finished work:
Wow I did not know you made those side skirts too! The design for mine will be very similar! See, a few years ago I was actually inspired by you and your car to produce my own lip. Your car is gorgeous, congratulations!

·
Registered
490 Posts
hahaha and i always wanted to get those fender plastics like yours but could never find them so i finished my without them :muching_out: I can't wait to see your car finished!!!
It will look very mean! I love the wide body look and the red color :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
just introduced to solidworks in my first semester, cant imagine doing designs that intricate and detailed hahaha. Anyway, good luck with your project, excited to see what comes of it!

·
Super Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
just introduced to solidworks in my first semester, cant imagine doing designs that intricate and detailed hahaha. Anyway, good luck with your project, excited to see what comes of it!
haha, hey when I started I could barely do simple extrusions. I started to use surfaces not too long ago. Practice makes perfect.

And thanks, me too haha

·
Administrator
6,930 Posts
That thing is f-ing nice. Really lookinf forward for the result.

My first (and only) time at 3D printing was a pipe wrench printed in one piece (and it was working! Ok it was plastic, but whatever haha).

And yeah, working surfaces and 3D isn't that complicated, the trick is to know all the possible festures of the software. There is always more than one way to do the same thing, so the more features you know will make things much more easier.

And having a 3D printer at home is SICK!!

·
Super Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I heard you guys like lip kits :p

So that's my very first test-fit and I am overall satisfied with the results. Had to cut down some sections with the dremel (this PLA material is very easy to work with) and the majority of it fit decently well except for where the bumper curves around from the front to the side. You can see in the last photo I am 15mm away. That's all ok, I didn't expect a 100% fit the first time, so now I am going to go back to the CAD, make the adjustments and reprint and then fabricate the lip together. Once that's done, it's time for the side skirts which I am super excited about! :)

Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hooray for updates!

The front lip design has been finalized. Not previously seen (because it was not necessary to include for the time being) you will see that I made the design to integrate into my fender flares, which was one of the original intents of the project. As well, you will likely have spotted the "fangs" up front. I can assure, you, this is done in good taste which you can see in my very quick photochops (worst case if I end up not liking them I can cut them off hehe):

VS

Also, for the little integrated splitter/spoiler I gave it a similar aerodynamic profile to that of a regular spoiler. Why not add that little extra downforce? (of course there is no telling if this will be effective). I also am not an aerodynamicist so criticisms are welcome:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi!
Your work looks very nice and aggressive :good: it is similar to mine (i have CF in the middle),
so waiting for your end result pictures!

Here is a picture of my finished work:
I love the look of your car

21 - 40 of 294 Posts