Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Dave: NT Admin
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as several of you may know I moved to Italy last October. That's where the military decided it needed me, not that I'm complaining...lol Anyway, I finally was able to get my Tib sold in February and in April I bought a 1994 RHD Prelude. It needs a bit of work to it as the previous owner cut corners quite a bit, but fortunately I enjoy working on cars so as I get time things are going to change....as much as I'm able anyway.

Current mods that I know of...

JDM H22A swap
JDM One piece Headlights
Some ****** c/f wannabe taillights (are going to be replaced or niteshaded)
Rear lip molded into bumper
Hacked up stock hood
Custom ****** shortram (will be changed eventually to a true short ram)
Megan Header
Megan Exhaust
MSD Blaster coil, dizzy, and wires
DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar
Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Kenwood Touchscreen Double Din DVD
Kenwood Speakers all around

Waiting to be put on/on order:
NR-G Engine Damper
Tanabe Sustec Front Underbrace
6000K HIDs
New Short Ram Intake

On the list to buy/do:

Two tone interior accents (Can't decide on a color though, either white, red, or blue)
Front lip and sideskirts (Undecided which ones yet)
New wheels/tires
Resonator to quiet down the exhaust a little
New intake
Clean up engine bay and repaint valve cover
Install my kicker solobarics/amps
Tint

And some old pics of the Tib

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Re: My 94 RHD Prelude

not a bad looking prelude. that hood makes ur car look like it has nostrils haha.

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well....technically it does...lol I need to find some way to get rid of that hood too. Only problem is shipping is a PITA/expensive here and I don't see very many around so I'm not sure how helpful a salvage yard is going to be. Just need to go find out I guess.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

Looks good man. Definitely need the hood gone...lol. I miss my Prelude man and seeing this makes me want another one. I had the h22 head put on the h23 block which was very interesting and quite interesting. I will definitely watching this build. Good luck man.

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Yeah, I've seen a few things about doing that with the H23. I think I'm going to be doing a valve adjustment in the near future as I see it is a recommended/required thing to do periodically. I'm trying to look into how difficult it actually is to replace the valves too. If it isn't too extreme I may upgrade them.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

i know your new lude is rhd and has a h22 engine with a couple of goodies...but you should have kept your tibby =( it was alot more sexier

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeah, but I didn't have that option really. The military only pays to ship one car overseas and with a two year old it wasn't as feasible as my wife's sedan. I do wish I could have kept it, but I don't miss having a car payment either...lol Full coverage insurance is expensive as hell here too.

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I do agree, although I must say it's sad when my 4cyl has more hp out of the box than my V6 with I/H/E...lol It's all good though. I enjoyed the Tib while I had it and I'll make the most out of this one too.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

I do agree, although I must say it's sad when my 4cyl has more hp out of the box than my V6 with I/H/E...lol It's all good though. I enjoyed the Tib while I had it and I'll make the most out of this one too.
no worries bro.. just as long as u dont start bashing the tib, everything is cool. by looking at your tib, i trust that you will take off those hideous rims & hood and make your lude sexy just like the tibby :3_winkthu.. keep us updated with your new ride

·
Registered
782 Posts

Your Tib was so nice and clean too. Can't believe it's gone. I'm looking forward to your plans on the 'lude though.

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Nope, no bashing from me. Like I said, I enjoyed the Tib while I had it. I had a lot more plans than what was done to it too. I had stuff sitting at the house that I never got to put on it.

I will say this though....It is sad when you get more comments/opinions/recommendations on non Honda sites then you do on specific Honda sites.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

I think that car has a major amount of potential. Seems like a nice base to fix up and slowly improve.

I love the subtle differences of this car from the US versions.

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Yeah, so far it's been a pretty fun car and I've seen some really nice looking ones. Hopefully mine will get there at some point. Then I just have to look into getting it back to the states. Hopefully there won't be a MAJOR amount of cash to be dropped on having it conformed to standards.

·
Registered
560 Posts

i had a black 93 lude just like that minus the RHD and the h22 swap, which is what i wanted to do with it, at the time though i just couldnt devote that kind of money to a project car and i needed something to get me 150miles to work everyday......glad i test drove a tibby lol. God luck with the build man, srry to see the tibby go

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Yeah, those were the wheels I wanted since I had the car and then wouldn't you know I would get them shortly before having to sell the car...lol

·
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Photoshop of what the car may look like soon. Undecided at the moment. Kyowa KR595's, dropped, tinted windows, and shaded tails.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts