Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Awesome content keep us updated i can't wait to see more . I hope that sludge in the oil didn't hurt the bottom end , because these bottom ends can make good power stock long block. What is your power goals?
Thanks man will do. It’s not far from finished.
As for power, 250whp would be nice but we’ll see where 10-12psi pulls it up, I think Aussie Dyno’s read a bit lower than ur dyno’s ( so I’ve read anyway) I want to keep it safe as I really don’t feel like pulling the engine incase it blows up or lifts the head or the clutch starts slipping.

The sludge has been a real pita. When I took the cams out and replaced the lifters I couldn’t get the timing right, took me a few goes which was frustrating.
Some of the sludge i dislodged from the head made its way to the sump. I clocked up about 100kms after I got it back together and had to take the sump off again as it was leaking and there was a heap of sludge sitting in the bottom of the pan. But that gave me the chance to clean it out again. I’ve been worried about it blocking my oil feed but I think I’ve gotten the worse of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The MagnaFlow High Flow Cat 200 cell.. What’s the Part Number? Did You Buy it off the actual magnaflow site .. Reason I ask because there are to many fakes
I got it from eBay, hope it’s not a fake.
The part number is in the description

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks man, what injector size and duty cycle were u at with urs ? From memory u were at around 12psi ?
I'm running the Evo X 550cc injectors. Keep in mind my fuel system is non recirculating because it's the 07 model tib. By the end of it I was at 15psi, 267 whp. We stopped going up because injector duty cycle was at 90%.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts