Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome

I have a Hyundai Coupe car IIIgeneration, 2002 and I have the problem from 3 days. 3 days ago I ceased to operate the pilot (the opening and closing of the pilot, the LED blinks on the remote control). When I opened my car key, opened the door to the alarm and began to sing I could not turn on the car. connected and disconnected the battery back, turned on the alarm ... I could not continue to turn the engine ... I read on the page, and I did:

Solution 2: Trick The Alarm

* Disconnect the negative terminal on your battery to regain your concentration (the beeping, the beeping!) and get a fresh starting point. This WILL NOT disarm the alarm, but merely cut the power to kill it temporarily.
* Open and leave open your drivers side door.
* Put your keys in the ignition and turn it to the ON position.
* Quickly reconnect the negative terminal to your battery and tighten it down. The alarm is going to town at this point...just stay cool.
* Wait until the alarm stops. Don't close your hood yet! You should hear your happy familiar door chime.
* Get in the car and start it. If it starts, you know you did something right because the car will not start while the alarm is sounding.
* Turn it off and go ahead and close your hood. Your alarm is now disarmed!
* I did this twice (much to my wife's displeasure) to confirm that it wasn't a fluke, so I don't see why this shouldn't work on all 03-04 factory alarm setups.

at the moment I turn on the car and drive but does not work at all with my control key and unplug the battery and connect back to the alarm does not work, open a key and opens the car door the alarm does not work, do not sing .. this method completely turn off the alarm?

Now what shall I do? where there is a central alarm fuse? fuse may be damaged? either way on this website, completely turned off the alarm? Please help
Go to the top of the pageReport Post

Edit Post

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
So you are saying the car starts up but your key fob does not work with the car anymore?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
The directions you followed are the correct steps to shutting off the alarm when the Key FOB stops working, I just had to do this yesterday.

The usual cause of this is that the battery in your Key FOB is dieing and starts to randomly be capable of disarming the alarm. My key fob actually lost its programming and I had to go get it reprogrammed, another sign of a dieing battery.

Disarm your alarm and do not rearm it. Now you need to use the actual key to unlock and lock your car doors. Go get the battery in it replaced. Go to a dealer and have them recode your FOB if it doesn't work after changing the battery. My local dealer does this for free since it takes a minute.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
hey man, if your FOB is dying, replace the battery, and if your car doesnt recognize it, turn the key to the ACC position, and push the unlock button on the FOB until both your blinkers flash (i think they flash twice).. that should reset it so your car recognizes it.

ive had this problem before too.. usually it is just in my driveway.. last time i was at home depot and my car wouldnt unlock when i came out.. i was kinda embarrassed.. lol
my alarm was going off for like ten minutes until i remembered this.. people were staring and one guy even came up to me and complimented me on my car while the alarm was going off..

well good luck with your problem man!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts