Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive lost both of my keyless entry remotes and anytime i try unlocking my dorr with the key My alarm goes off. Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to turn my alrm off once it goes off while being inside of the car without messing with the fuse. Im wondering if i can get into the car after ulocking the door,close the door, lock the door back up, than start the car. After i have started the car i can unlock the door from the inside and just leave that dorr unlocked. Does that sound like it will work?also, is it possible to buy replacement remotes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
gtdriver04 said:
Is there a way to turn my alrm off once it goes off while being inside of the car without messing with the fuse. Im wondering if i can get into the car after ulocking the door,close the door, lock the door back up, than start the car. After i have started the car i can unlock the door from the inside and just leave that dorr unlocked. Does that sound like it will work?also, is it possible to buy replacement remotes?
Found this one on ebay. Probably alot cheaper than going to the dealership.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-2005-HYUNDAI-TIBURON-REMOTE-KEYLESS-03-04-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33723QQihZ005QQitemZ150068313107QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
wait. was factory alarms ever an option for our cars? or is this an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
This seems kinda weird, because doesn't the stock alarm only arm if you use the keyfob to lock it? Obviously, you're not using the keyfob, and I guess just using the switch on the door, so theoretically, the alarm shouldn't even be arming. Sounds like you might have bigger issues than a missing keyfob

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
noooooo......

THERE IS A WAY TO FIX IT...

Open the door and get into the car... turn the key to the ON position and allow the alarm to go off for 30 sec. the car will then remap its alarm system and then shut off. when the alarm shuts off, then turn the key off and take it out. Wait 15-30 seconds before putting the key back in and starting it and your alarm is now fixed.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Kalian said:
wait. was factory alarms ever an option for our cars? or is this an aftermarket one?
paul, most came with you. Yours might have it, you just might not have gotten the remotes...

CarrRyanE--- I cant believe you would put this up publicly..... *shakes head*

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I have the same problem, luckily i still have my remotes. Its just aggrivating that you cant unlock your door without the alarm going off :mad:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
fixer said:
CarrRyanE--- I cant believe you would put this up publicly..... *shakes head*

The instructions for shutting the alarm off require the key, so if a thief breaks in, these instructions won't do much good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey i was told stick the key in the ignition and then put it on acc and push the unlock and lock keys on the remote .. that should stop it ..."it worked for me "

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey i was told stick the key in the ignition and then put it on acc and push the unlock and lock keys on the remote .. that should stop it ..."it worked for me "
You resurrected this old thread just to say he should use the remote. I guess if you read the original post you would have read that he lost both of his remotes.:3_winkthu

BTW - I just noticed this was your first post and you have have a join date of Dec 05....Congratulations, you post even less than I do!

·
Registered
20 Posts
noooooo......

THERE IS A WAY TO FIX IT...

Open the door and get into the car... turn the key to the ON position and allow the alarm to go off for 30 sec. the car will then remap its alarm system and then shut off. when the alarm shuts off, then turn the key off and take it out. Wait 15-30 seconds before putting the key back in and starting it and your alarm is now fixed.

So if u do this, the car will start with just a key? Cuz I also lost my remote and all i have is the key. Everytime i try opening da door, da alrm goes off and when I try turning on da car, it won't turn on. i don't want to have my car towned to da dealership seeing how my car is in another town right now stuck and I'm in mine. Does anybody know what I can do to get my car started?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Doesn't anyone read the service manual? I had the same problem where my alarm would be set and when I came out to get in my car, I pressed my key FOB's and the light on the FOB would flicker but nothing happened. No flashing light and the door locks wouldn't unlock. I put the key in the door and unlock the lock but as soon as I opened the car door the alarm sounded off. Found out later it was my door lock actuator that froze up so as long the electronics wouldn't unock the locks the car stayed armed.
After reading up in the service manual it told me how to disarm the stock alarm system manually which required having two keys. First, it said to put the one key in the outside driver door lock and unlock the door, Open the door which would set off the alarm then once inside the car put the second key into the ignition key hole and turn to the on position Do not try to crank. Then turn the first key which is in the outside door lock to the unlock position and hold it in that position for approximately a minute. The alarm should stop sounding and should release the immobilizer which prevented the car from starting. Now you should be able to start the car and take it wherever to get the car fixed or aftermarket alarm installed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.