Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well kind of! I work at a grocery and last night the wind was blowing real bad. I thought i parked where i was ok, but i guess not. A shopping cart flew into my car giving me a scratch on my back bumber, 3 dents on my driver side door, and it folded my driver side mirror in. I also have a lot of black marks along the side of my car from the shopping cart. It is cold and snowy here so i am not yet able to tell how it will look after i try to clean up all the marks. Man i actualy cried for a while!
Ken

·
Registered
981 Posts
lol thats the first i heard of people calling a shopping cart a buggy, its like in other states, people say" i want a soda pop" here we say" give me a coke"

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BIGROB said:
LMAO tanelk! its a shopping cart! people down south, or in coloroado in this case, call it a buggy lol
Wow i feel like a big hick now! I changed it to a shopping cart for no further issues.
Ken

·
Banned
609 Posts
young tibby said:
Well kind of! I work at a grocery and last night the wind was blowing real bad. I thought i parked where i was ok, but i guess not. A shopping cart flew into my car giving me a scratch on my back bumber, 3 dents on my driver side door, and it folded my driver side mirror in. I also have a lot of black marks along the side of my car from the shopping cart. It is cold and snowy here so i am not yet able to tell how it will look after i try to clean up all the marks. Man i actualy cried for a while!
Ken

dude thats sucks i try and park far away from shoping carts and if there any near my car i move them

·
Registered
735 Posts
jonnyd said:
dude thats sucks i try and park far away from shoping carts and if there any near my car i move them
Can you see into the future or have you perhaps been there? Because next time, if you go or think about it, can you take me/tell me what is going to happen?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about the car, YT.

·
Registered
91 Posts
young tibby said:
Wow i feel like a big hick now! I changed it to a shopping cart for no further issues.
Ken
wasnt trying to offend you, lol but i used to live in MD and have always called it a shopping cart, but i moved to GA and people call it a buggy, now i live in LA and people call them buggys...

·
Registered
298 Posts
same sh!t happend to me about a week ago it was a windy day and i went to best buy and when I come out I noticed that on the passengers side bodyline it pressed in ( dents vertically right next to eachother and I also had some paint transfer! I was in a bad mood for a couple of days and just the other day I took it to the bodyshop to get an estimate and he quoted me at $350 dollars I almost dont think its work it but I gonna get it fixed anyway!! sorry to hear about your car but ther're everyday drivers and you just gotta expect the worse!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
This is why I always take the time to clear the area of any rogue shopping "buggys" within a 50 foot radius of my car...especially on windy days. I'll either take the time to take them to their corrals, or lift it up over a curb so that it doesn't go anywhere. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i work at the grocery store and was there for about 5 hours. I park really far away near a curb to prevent any damage from anything. But if one person leaves there shopping cart in the parking lot with the wind, its all over! I am wondering if a paintless dent repair can fix it or not????
Ken

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car young tibby. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Sidenote: I called it a buggy too until once when I was in college this girl was like" what's a buggy?" Then I started saying "shopping cart." And I have lived in Michigan all my life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts