Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking to my car during break from work, and saw that it was keyed Sunday afternoon. They got the front fender, driver side door, back half of the driver side near gas cap, and a smaller 5 inch one on the passenger side door. all the scratches are to the metal. There are no cameras in the parking lot and the cop that came by couldn't find any fingerprints. I had just had it washed a day before, it was so clean so mint.

I'm sooo upset about this, my new 2006 electric red tiburon, vandalized. I mean, it's on the original stock oil still! I'm no longer going to take my car to work, but I'll probably keep taking it to school. Insurance is covering it, but the deductible is $250 and I don't know if the color will ever look the same again after they have to repaint it.

Anyone else have similar stories or advice? I'm all paranoid now, and it's like I don't even want to drive it anywhere anymore. My mom says that we should get a crappy POS car so I can drive that around instead...

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Sute said:
I was walking to my car during break from work, and saw that it was keyed Sunday afternoon. They got the front fender, driver side door, back half of the driver side near gas cap, and a smaller 5 inch one on the passenger side door. all the scratches are to the metal. There are no cameras in the parking lot and the cop that came by couldn't find any fingerprints. I had just had it washed a day before, it was so clean so mint.

I'm sooo upset about this, my new 2006 electric red tiburon, vandalized. I mean, it's on the original stock oil still! I'm no longer going to take my car to work, but I'll probably keep taking it to school. Insurance is covering it, but the deductible is $250 and I don't know if the color will ever look the same again after they have to repaint it.

Anyone else have similar stories or advice? I'm all paranoid now, and it's like I don't even want to drive it anywhere anymore. My mom says that we should get a crappy POS car so I can drive that around instead...
Damn, sorry to hear that bro...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Sute said:

that freakin sucks man......just have it fixed .......the shops gonna have to go all out and repair it nice........theyll have to repaint most of it and itll be good as new..u wont even tell...........youd be suprised how far a little bodywork can go......

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It's sad to see someone get himself a nice new car, then get a clunker so he doesn't have to drive his nice new car.

Cars get beat up. Some get it less than others but one of these days it happens to them all. You can't find a parking place with open spots on either side, or you park where you thought it was safe but someone parks his 20 year old Coupe de Ville next to it and whacks it with its 12-foot long door. Or some ***** just totally cleans your entire nose off with her SUV trying to make a left against traffic.

Once upon a time the original buyer of that clunker you're going to get bought a nice new car that he thought was going to be in like-new condition forever. At some point he too had to lose his innocence with that first door ding or parking lot bumper bumping. And he fixed it, and then he just kept on driving it.

Fix the car and keep driving it. Don't get forced into a beater because some clown messed with your ride. Don't let the clown get the last laugh.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My sisters 05 Sienna got keyed in the Oviedo Marketplace mall. Some piece of **** teenager no doubt. Karma will get him sooner or later. I just hope he gets f'ed up pretty good.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Claff said:
It's sad to see someone get himself a nice new car, then get a clunker so he doesn't have to drive his nice new car.

Cars get beat up. Some get it less than others but one of these days it happens to them all. You can't find a parking place with open spots on either side, or you park where you thought it was safe but someone parks his 20 year old Coupe de Ville next to it and whacks it with its 12-foot long door. Or some ***** just totally cleans your entire nose off with her SUV trying to make a left against traffic.

Once upon a time the original buyer of that clunker you're going to get bought a nice new car that he thought was going to be in like-new condition forever. At some point he too had to lose his innocence with that first door ding or parking lot bumper bumping. And he fixed it, and then he just kept on driving it.

Fix the car and keep driving it. Don't get forced into a beater because some clown messed with your ride. Don't let the clown get the last laugh.
Exactly.

And I just picked up another dent/scratch combo the other day... someone at work was careless (again!) It really sucks... but what are ya gonna do? There's nothing sane that you can do. Of course your situation is different since we're talking vandalism... but all you can do is just hope there aren't any more totally ignorant and retarded people parking in your work's lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
that really sucks, i would be really pissed off if some dumb kids did that to my car. if you park it on the side street or almost anywhere this happen, i think you should invest in buying a car cover. Sorry :(

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Low life scum bags! It's usually punk a$$ kids who are jealous or types like that. Sorry to hear about it but like was already mentioned ..... agood shop will be able to fix it and you'll never be able to tell.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Aaaaaa... it's always depressing to hear that kind of stories. Sorry for that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Just got back from the allstate collision center at a Massey Cadillac. They basically wrote us a check for $825...

I'm not sure where to take the car to get an estimate. My dad was saying that we should go to a courtesy collision center. Anyone have any recommendations in the Orlando/Oviedo Florida area?
My car is garage kept every night, and I don't really want the hassle of putting on and taking off a car cover. Plus, it wouldn't really help any against dents and it'll probably end up just attracting attention to my car. If someone really wanted to mess up my car, a car cover won't stop them.

I really don't want my tib looking like 3 different colors, lol.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The thing that sucks the most is that you gotta pay for something someone else did. But what goes around comes around. Like I got a nasty dent on my door right on one of the body lines so they couldn't use that dent remover so it would have been like 300 bucks to fix. But then I got rear ended and that ******* who hit me is gunna end up paying for it....hehehehe.

Sorry to hear that tho.

·
Registered
547 Posts
ask people that you know and that pay attention to detail where you should get it done. its a shame its such a pretty color! my car is matched very nicely.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That sucks man! Seems like bad things only happen right when you buy a new car or if it's the first car you officially buy. . I would know! :3_saai:

Don't worry hun. . find a good place that takes pride in thier work and things will work out just fine!! You'll move on. . .I those same punka$$ kids see you bring a beater car they'll think they've won. Get it fixed, drive it back, show it off, prove them wrong! :3_fyou Cuz at the end of the day they may have keyed your car but that doesn't bring them any closer to owning an awesome ride like yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts