Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Administrator
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... it happened again...

Previously smashed

I was on a right lane at a stop light, big 10 wheels truck was on my left, I wanted to turn right, he wanted to go forward, it was during trafic (to go on highway), I moved 2 meters forward while turning slightly, truck went forward while doing on the right. He caught me on the side which pushed me on the pick-up in front. Big 10 wheels truck cause the left rear damage, hitting the pick-up in front caused the front damage. Headlight bracket is bent, but nothing else.

Awaiting the insurances info, at least, now I do have the info of the other guys involved... I am speechless...

Car was not yet sold... And, since things were going slightly better at work, I was thinking about keeping it... :':)facepalm:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I don't know how insurance works up there, but my insurance would probably consider that a total loss. I had about the same amount of damage done on a 3 year old Elantra GT and they totalled it.

That rear quarter will be expensive to fix.

·
Administrator
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how insurance works up there, but my insurance would probably consider that a total loss. I had about the same amount of damage done on a 3 year old Elantra GT and they totalled it.

That rear quarter will be expensive to fix.
If you look at the link of my previous smash, the total bill paid by the insurance was 4000$

That was not including a rear bumber. So now that the rear bumper and all the front components are touched, I really guess it will be totalled...

im crying all over
Hell yeah... I was panning on selling the car and take the money to go back to school... if the car is totalled... I can forget school...

And since it is my second claim within 1.5 years, my insurance rates will be soooo much that I might not be able to afford the insurance of a brand new car later...

As of now, it is a bigger lost than just the car itself...

As I said... I am speechless...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
What a sad day. You are alive and in one piece. You can always go to school, even if your plans are waylaid a bit. I don't know what it is about these cars that makes them accident magnets. Maybe a conspiracy that only tib owners do not know about to take them off the road one by one as 'oopsies?'

Maybe we all have too many distractions behind the wheel these days when there is so much going on outside around our cars. My mom almost backed into mine 2 months after I bought it because she wasn't looking in her mirrors, instead was waving goodbye at us while backing up. She said she hit the brakes when she saw the horrified look on my face.

I know that some other idiot driver or a deer will be the death of my car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
im sorry to see this happen. i just had an accident a couple of weeks ago and i know how it feels espeically when you're just starting to see some improvement, and then this.
Dont worry bro, keep your head up.

Good luck

·
Administrator
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a sad day. You are alive and in one piece. You can always go to school, even if your plans are waylaid a bit.
My deductible is 1000$, but this is only if »I am concidered as faulty, hopefully not.

The thing is that money is pretty tight these days cause of my job, so I was hoping to get the money from the sale as a back up while I was at school.

As I said, I can't tell anything until I heard back from the insurance... I just hope to not loose to much 'cause of this.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Man that sucks big time. If everything pans out for you the diesel truck driver will be at fault and will be responsible for all the repairs. If that is the case you might get lucky....if you can call it lucky. Either way it is looking bad for the Tib since the cost to fix everything is so high.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
/cry

dude that is aweful news :( i'm so sorry to hear that, i hope the insurance pans out for the better for you, i know how expensive things can get

·
Administrator
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for all the great words.

I went for a 3 hours 150% rollerblade ride to lower the pressure a little. I feel better now!:)

Haven't received a call from the insurance company, and since it is a long weekend (Québec National Day - Saint-Jean-Baptiste), then I will not hear anything until tuesday.

Took a look at the Canadian Black Book, they say the car is Worth 9000$ at A1 condition. If the car is totalled and since the car was pretty well maintained, I hope they will at least give me 8000$ (which was a little lower than my asking price).

·
Retired NT Staff
4,119 Posts
That sucks man. Sorry to hear. I would say total loss. Just to replace the door skin is $1500. I would know... Sigh... Parts and labor for that rear quarter panel will push it over the top.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
geeezus you have some bad luck, but perhaps this will get you what you wanted before when you considered selling it. good luck bro

·
Administrator
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sucks man. Sorry to hear. I would say total loss. Just to replace the door skin is $1500. I would know... Sigh... Parts and labor for that rear quarter panel will push it over the top.
Yeah, last time it happened, it has cost 4000$.

Now, the rear quarter panel is way more damaged, the rear bumber is damaged, plus all the front damages... So my gues is something between 7-8000$ and maybe more...

We'll see...

·
Registered
403 Posts
well that sucks dude. I've been there. the front end of my tib was destroyed cyber monday of last year. and then in february, after i spent a lot of time and money it putting her back together. someone hits her again. but on the bright side of things. she's all put back together again and looking better.

total loss or not, i doubt there going to say your at fault. but if it is a total loss. i would check into the possibility of buying it back. take the check and fix it. that is assuming its paid off. but best of luck to yea. it may seem like bad luck sometimes owning a tib. but no matter what there worth it.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts