Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Basically I was on the 10, going onto the 5 freeway, the 10 was jam packed... mine lane was clear the car slow lane because it was going onto the 5 south I was driving 60MPH. All of a sudden about 2 feet in front of me a guy who was in the lane tot he left of me (In traffic stopped) turns into my lane at like 2mph 2 feet in front of me while I was going 60MPH! My instinct made me turn hard to the left INTO TRAFFIC! So that little ****er who caused the whole thing sped off and saw me HIT a 300ZX my airbags deployed bounced off the car and I ran into someone else almost hitting the median. There was one guy who wasnt involved who saw the hole thing, only thing is he couldnt get any information about the guy who CUT 2 feet in front of me because he sped off all he knew it was like a older model honda civic in green. I got the witnesses information and he was on totatlly cool insurance will still probably **** me over because I hit two cars eventhough it wasnt my fault but at least I got a witness. All 3 of us came out with not even a scratch.
Now to the bad part. Question is my car considered non fixable meaning they will give me a check for the value? Also how does that work with my aftermarket parts ect ect.
Cell phone picssss
I have a lot of pics so I'll edit it later here are just a few

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: My Car Got ****ed Up 3 Car Accident R.i.p

The check normally depends on the insurance company as does aftermarket parts. On my insurance they will give me a check for the value of the car (before the accident). As for aftermarket parts they will only give me up to 1,000 dollars worth unless I insure them on the policy. When I had a guy ride the shoulder and cut left and hit my truck when I was turning right, my insurance company wouldnt pay for it cause they said that I was part at fault for some stupid reason. Law in Md. if you are part at fault the insurance co doesnt have to foot out a dime. Sorry bout the tib. Best of luck with insurance.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

Sorry to hear.......

if you can part out things please let me know.....(need some stock parts...)

·
Registered
136 Posts

sorry to hear that man! Glad to hear you came out with out a scratch! *sigh* this just reminds me of my incident with my wheel falling off n stuff! my insurance sucks and im still trying to recover my deductble! :3_frusty:

·
Registered
201 Posts

Glad you're ok, and sorry about your ride. I hate the 10; only drove it once from the 15 to Alhambra and back, and I thought I was going to lose all my fillings from the horrible pavement.

I'm thinking you've got a decent chance of coming through ok if you've got whitnesses. Good luck.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yeah im deciding if I should get anohter TIB or go for a Z or maybe a g35coupe

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

na sides didnt deploy dude look at my car no way its repairable lol if they total it am I a loud to part it out or switch up wheels radios an ****?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts

hope you didnt owe too much or at least have gap

and wouldnt be suprised if they push the blame on you for crossing into traffic......

should of hit the civic....but easier said than done with reactions

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

well if they total it out do they even send it to a body shop? or do they send it to a junk yard affiliated with them

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts

You have the choice to let them have it and they send it wherever or you can "buy" it back. Which is basically they give you a little less and you keep your car.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts

heatfan5 said:
usually how much less, because I rather part out my car
it all depends man... I had a 2500 difference on one and 750 on the other....

But you can swap out the parts if you have access to it now. They dont know what all was done before the wreck. I would pull all aftermarket stuff now and anything you could do a quick switch out with stock would be set up and gone... So part out and let them have it anyway... Dont pull an entire ensine but CAI, exhaust, radio stuff, interior pieces...etc

And do a interior swap with Fixer.......no proof

I dont condone any of this :3_nosthum

just a disclaimer

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

i would but its in a small yard in a very ghetto area of LA

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

I would talk to your agaent and ask them whats up with it.....I'll bring tools.... =)

If they are not going to give your more for your wheels and other stuff, take them out. There should be no problem with that.

·
Registered
354 Posts

dibs on TV if u want to sell it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts