Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
glycerine said:
was in bradford today heading home. lady comes out of a coffee shop plaza talking on her cell phone, drove right into me, yay.
Was she driving an SUV by any chance? I know there are plenty of people who can drive and talk on the phone with no problem but the majority of people can't. I have no problem doing both but I refuse to answer my phone while driving because I feel strongly against talking on the phone while driving.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's a pretty strong headlight, didn't even crack. Wow. Sorry to hear about your bad luck buddy. Have her charged with careless driving.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NovaResource said:
Was she driving an SUV by any chance?
no, she was in a honda 4 door sedan. i did better off. i think she just got a coffee also, probably had that in the other hand, was leaving a coffee shop at the time when she hit me.

freshness said:
That's a pretty strong headlight, didn't even crack. Wow. Sorry to hear about your bad luck buddy. Have her charged with careless driving.
ya i'm surprised. it's cracked a bit, but mostly in one piece. she was charged with careless driving. i'll laugh when she tries to fight it, i've got 2 witnesses that saw her sitting and chatting on her cell phone and just drove out right into me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
glycerine said:
no, she was in a honda 4 door sedan. i did better off. i think she just got a coffee also, probably had that in the other hand, was leaving a coffee shop at the time when she hit me.

ya i'm surprised. it's cracked a bit, but mostly in one piece. she was charged with careless driving. i'll laugh when she tries to fight it, i've got 2 witnesses that saw her sitting and chatting on her cell phone and just drove out right into me.
I have to ask, if you saw her on her phone, drinking her coffee and coming right at you, why didn't you move out of the way, or at least honk?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
freshness said:
I have to ask, if you saw her on her phone, drinking her coffee and coming right at you, why didn't you move out of the way, or at least honk?
i didnt see her on her cell. i saw what looked like her turning right into the inside lane, but instead she veared left right into my lane (2nd lane over). i tried to honk the horn, was too late, instead my arm is bruised from the airbag going off.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
glycerine said:
i tried to honk the horn, was too late, instead my arm is bruised from the airbag going off.
^^^^ Right there is one of my biggest complaints about driver side air bags. In an accident, there is a good chance you will see it happening and try to honk to prevent it but to honk you have to put your hand on what's basically a controlled explosion. Broken hands/arms are common from airbags. Unfortunately, the only solution is to move the horn button but we are so conditioned to it being in the center of the wheel. Maybe we need to go back to horn rings on the inside of the steering wheel.

I believe Ford tried putting it on the turn signal stalk once but I think that would be too easy to break off when honking in anger! LOL!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NovaResource said:
Unfortunately, the only solution is to move the horn button but we are so conditioned to it being in the center of the wheel. Maybe we need to go back to horn rings on the inside of the steering wheel.
ya, i wouldnt mind if it was a pedal of sorts behind the wheel like some cars use as gear shifters.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TiburonTemptress said:
Hopefully your insurance will save you! Good Luck!!
yup they've been great. just got my toyota crayola rental car. rental shop is a few plazas down the road from the auto shop, saw my poor car sitting at the auto shop, so sad heh.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ya, I hate old ladies too..
did you put any money in it?

I totaled a focus 2 years ago ( part of me was hoping it would get written off haha). anyway the insurance wouldn't re-mburse me for additions unless it was appraised. they stopped returning my phone calls and doubled the premium

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sharkracer04 said:
i can remove the stereo system easily enough, and a few other things like the power inverter wired under the dash. i'll can swap the original tires back on also. only thing really i wont get back is the tinted windows.

·
Registered
375 Posts
need to use a floor switch for the horn!
my friend did that in his blazer, all he had to do was stomp in front of his dead pedal and BEEEPP!!!
nice way to release anger too!

·
Registered
53 Posts
sharkracer04 said:
ya, I hate old ladies too..

I totaled a focus 2 years ago ( part of me was hoping it would get written off haha). anyway the insurance wouldn't re-mburse me for additions unless it was appraised. they stopped returning my phone calls and doubled the premium

Wow..u need a new insurance company. When my 01 Tib got totalled they covered everything and they didn't know about any of my mods before hand. Like i had to call up the car appraiser who looked at my mangled baby and he told me to send him my receipts of all my mods and new parts that had been done within the last year..... let's put it this way.... I got more money for my car then what I paid for it :)... a few thousand more! Soooooo I bought my GK!

·
Registered
14 Posts
ya they suck!

i think the broker is ***..I can't switch cause I just got a 4 point speeding ticket (the cop showed up...ahhhh)

·
Registered
415 Posts
JaysBlueTiburon said:
Sorry dude that ****ing sucks, people can not drive they are always busy doing something else than actually driving.
Ditto. People are talking on their cell, putting on makeup, brushing their hair etc and incidentally happen to be driving! :)

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Nice......just about the amount your Tib will be worth once you have it repaired and own it for another year.

Sorry to read about your crash. A little part of my Tib dies everytime I see one of these threads, and there have been a lot lately.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
CableTec said:
Nice......just about the amount your Tib will be worth once you have it repaired and own it for another year.

Sorry to read about your crash. A little part of my Tib dies everytime I see one of these threads, and there have been a lot lately.
the insurance company appraised it around $18K, so the damage was under 75% of the value, so it was repaired not written off.

ya i know, my heart hurts every time i see a crashed/broken into tib.

i wont have mine back from the shop till around january 10th or so. it feels like im missing a limb, im just not the same without it. damn Enterprise rent-a-car for not having tiburons heh, im stuck with a ****** corolla.

a school bus hit your tib? :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts