Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i parked and went forward too much and scraped the **** outta the bottom of my front bumper. some of it is visible and down to the ****in plastic and i'm pretty ****in pissed about it. how can i fix this and how much will it cost? my friend was like fill it in with a black sharpie. no one will notice. i wanted to seriously kill him.

it's not too too bad but it annoys the heck outta me every time i see it

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
damn dude... that sucks. ive hit the curb a few times, but there was never any damage to the bumper.. just the little hooks for towing the car..

if you really wanna get it fixed id take it to a nice shop that will fill it and paint it.. they should give you a good quote.or maybe nows a good time to buy a new bumper? idk its up to you dude.

·
Registered
792 Posts
i did the same thing to mine but u can only c it if your under the car but it still bugs the **** outa me 2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did the same thing to mine but u can only c it if your under the car but it still bugs the **** outa me 2
idk how long the scrape is, but about half an inch is visible in width. sorry if that's confusing but that's the best way i can explain it

let me try to make it a little clearer. i know i sound like an idiot right now.

for example: whole scrape is 10" by 1'

10" by 0.5' is visible

lol i'm such a noob

·
Registered
134 Posts
i did the SAME ****.. i wanted to vomit. but my scratches r low enuf that u cant see them unless ur layin on the ground in front of my car.. my poor left side of my car =[

andd im sorry bout ur babyy =[

·
Registered
780 Posts
**** happens. Deal with it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
dude last night I tried turning around near an asphalt curb. It was 2 am and the thing was black so i didnt see it when i ran straight onto it. My tow hook ground so far into the road that i had to peel out to get my car free. Sucked major...

Point og the story...it could have been worse. We both could have ripped our bumper off.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
damn that sucks dude...once i was driving in an area that i wasn't familiar with at 2am and i also hit an asphalt curb with my rim...ugh my poor rim!

hopefully the repairs arent too expensive

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i actually thought about filling it in with a black sharpie like my friend said. at least it wouldn't be as noticeable

i don't think straight when i'm pissed

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i once ran over 3 seperate curbs (yes... not one, not two, but THREE seperate curbs)
i was going like 55mph, i had to avoid a deer, and swerved to the right. there was absolutely no damage to my bumper, or any other cosmetic damage whatsoever..

but i did snap my axle and F**K up my rims..

it coulda been a lot worse..

you can always get some touch up paint if it bothers you that much... i bought a $5 tube at walmart.. i believe its called midnighthawk black or something... its close enough.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Some body shops have touch up paint in spray can form. mask it off and hold the can about a 12" back that way when you spray it will blend better. Make sure you have a rag with paint thinner or goof off around for any over spray.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
A: go on a murderous rampage, unleash the rage
B: tint your foglights (need I say more?)
C: go home, mom made lasagna

1 - 20 of 21 Posts