Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the car i'm picking up next weekend, Gen1 F2 Evo model. Haven't seen it in the flesh yet but i know it needs quite a lot of work, both rear arches need attention and I plan to go through the car bit by bit and sort whatever needs sorting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not 100% sure yet, there isn't a huge amount of these limited edition ones left and it would be kinda nice to keep one pretty standard. I'll see what needs doing and go from there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thats interesting. Apparently this had a 17bhp increase (137 to 154) and small increase in torque. The 0-60 went down from 8.8 to 8.1.

Interesting........

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they only made 1500 of these and there isn't many left due to them going rotten. 3 of them got scrapped last year that i know of.

There is an increase in power and torque due to a different cam they used on the inlet and a slightly different exhaust, the claims hyundai made about the 150 odd hp though were not accurate. It's common in the UK to fit an Evo cam into a std SE as a fairly easy upgrade, people who are scrapping the car because of rot sell the cams seperate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, did you get the car yet? I'm totally jealous. Would like to see some more pics of it.
Picked it up the other week, haven't had chance to have a good look at it yet but here's some pics that i took when it was off the trailer. Apparently it's the only evo in the UK with that bonnet.

Plan is to do a nuts and bolts refurb on the underneath with a few personal toushed along the way which will take me a good year or so. Once done it will be a weekend car so should last a good few years

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I would LOVE to have an F2 Evo!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe a restoration is in order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts