Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 06 Kia spectra with a 2.0 beta 2. Have forged Carrillo pistons 9 to 1 compression and powder rods. Pistons are ceramic coated on sides and top. Has custom valve springs someone I know went through himdereds of different measurements to find some that work can’t remember exactly what from. Got the Jattus kit as a starting platform for the kit itself. Running a manual boost controller, mishimoto intercooler and radiator, catch can, made custom heat shield for the turbo manifold looks oem AF. Has all new control arms and bushings and Coilovers.. has a beast fuel pump and running e85 I’ve put about 2000 miles on the engine just checked bearing clearance and a couple other things and it’s prime and break in was amazing. I’ve been running 15 psi on a smallish t3t4 with 480? Cc injectors from a different Hyundai I think and a 1000 cc 5th injector and a perfect power piggyback with multiple boost outputs, anti lag, basically everything and a built in map sensor the jattus kit comes with one from the same company but it’s very basic and I didn’t like it but contacted the company, perfect power, in South Africa and exchanged it for their top of the line one. It is so simple to use it literally just runs to your crank sensor cam sensor map sensor injectors etc but very basic and seems to work ok I run consistent perfect air to fuel for e85 but just wondering if anyone else has used a real ecu and gotten any good results or know what the beta 2 likes and doesn’t like. I have the rotating assembly balanced to literally the most perfect spec the guy I know that owns the machine shop could get it to Pretty much perfect. Changed clutch from pull type to push type and has a stage 4 clutch. Anyone used a stand-alone with their beta 2 and had good results. Also could this block be swapped to any other type of engine like let’s say I had an ego with a spun rod and wanted to swap this block into the evo with the evo head.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A lot of people on this forum have tried using piggybacks of all kinds, myself included, with mixed results. I'm currently running an evo 8 turbo with an AEM FIC, and it's been a pain. Yes, it works, and yes, I hit boost with almost no issues. But this car is my daily so I need it to be good at more than just the drag strip. Using a piggyback, you will always be fighting against the OEM ECU.
You've clearly spent a lot of money on your setup and a standalone ECU will be a game changer. And that ECU will also work for any other motor you swap in down the road, with rewiring of course.
I'm actually planning on upgrading to a Haltech Elite in the next week or so I will have firsthand experience of how much of a change it will be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have turbo on Beta 1 2.0L with AEM FIC. I have been playing with mapping for only about a month. My car runs better than ever before,. I have not had the same map programmed for more than a day or two, always adjusting and playing with it. I hear a Haltech 2500 is the king of kings, but it's out of the budget for me. I have been pleased with the FIC so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts