Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So why is that I've never gotten into an accident until I bought a new car. I've driven ghetto old cars from the 80s for the last 11 years, till' a month ago when I bought my tibby.

This moring, this guys swerved into my lane to avoid hitting a lady who swerved into his lane. He scraped the side of my tibby...now there's a 1 inch wide and 2 feet long scrap along the drivers side!!! The scrap is black so you can' t see it from far away on my black tibby. To make things worse...to avoid a large accident, I swerved a bit to the right, hitting and scarping the curb. Now my stock rims are all f*ed up. I guess now I have an excuse to spurlge on nice rims. But when I left the scene and started driving, I heard a little rattling noise coming from my front right wheel. Dammit!

Hopefully, I can get this taken of soon. Don't laugh, but I started crying when I got to the office...this is my first new car :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
you have my condolences...i hate it when you try to drive your best only to be foiled by some idiot.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
im not laughing. I would prolly be cryin too. the tib is my most favorite possession that I have right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedy said:
im not laughing. I would prolly be cryin too. the tib is my most favorite possession that I have right now.

Haha, ya, I love my tibby more...I mean the same amount I love my bf.

·
Registered
547 Posts
ahw that sucks. I had it much worse as a relitivly new driver and none are my fault. freaking people driving into my car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
peachferrari said:
I feel for ya. I never had so much as a scratch on any other car until about 2 months or so after I got my Tib. Hope everything gets back to normal.
ugh. let's move to Arkansas or somewhere else where there's no cars!!! I'm telling ya, I hate LA traffic.

·
Registered
571 Posts
sugarplumsyum said:
So why is that I've never gotten into an accident until I bought a new car. I've driven ghetto old cars from the 80s for the last 11 years, till' a month ago when I bought my tibby.

This moring, this guys swerved into my lane to avoid hitting a lady who swerved into his lane. He scraped the side of my tibby...now there's a 1 inch wide and 2 feet long scrap along the drivers side!!! The scrap is black so you can' t see it from far away on my black tibby. To make things worse...to avoid a large accident, I swerved a bit to the right, hitting and scarping the curb. Now my stock rims are all f*ed up. I guess now I have an excuse to spurlge on nice rims. But when I left the scene and started driving, I heard a little rattling noise coming from my front right wheel. Dammit!

Hopefully, I can get this taken of soon. Don't laugh, but I started crying when I got to the office...this is my first new car :( :( :(
Sounds like his insurance will fix everything for ya. Police were called, right? And definitely get the right wheel area checked out.

If his insurance gives you any **** about your wheels, the correct answer is that his impact knocked you into the curb, not that you swerved over. In fact, you should just go speak to an attorney... consultations are free and there's no obligation. This would avoid any problems with his insurance company.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Danin Re' said:
Sounds like his insurance will fix everything for ya. Police were called, right? And definitely get the right wheel area checked out.

If his insurance gives you any **** about your wheels, the correct answer is that his impact knocked you into the curb, not that you swerved over. In fact, you should just go speak to an attorney... consultations are free and there's no obligation. This would avoid any problems with his insurance company.

Hey thanks, I was worried about his insurance not covering my wheels...I'll take your advice.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I have just learned that it rarely matters how well you can drive, it matters how well the a**hole beside you talking on his cell and drinking his coffee can drive.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was in the same boat 6 months ago. My sister's first time behind the wheel. Im sitting in my back yard and I hear "BOOM!" and then my alarm went off. My sister and dad backed my mom's XG350 over the front of my Tib. My dads fault actually, he never told my sister what to do and had her reverse out of a spot for her first drive. She floored the accelerator. I was depressed for a month til I left for Greece. I started crying too at the time, so don't feel alone. My most prized possession. A lot of sweat and blood went into that car, 2 years of working and my life saving of $7,000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tuscani911 said:
I was in the same boat 6 months ago. My sister's first time behind the wheel. Im sitting in my back yard and I hear "BOOM!" and then my alarm went off. My sister and dad backed my mom's XG350 over the front of my Tib. My dads fault actually, he never told my sister what to do and had her reverse out of a spot for her first drive. She floored the accelerator. I was depressed for a month til I left for Greece. I started crying too at the time, so don't feel alone. My most prized possession. A lot of sweat and blood went into that car, 2 years of working and my life saving of $7,000.
Aww man, I'm sorry. Thank goodness mine wasn't as major. I'm trying to look on the brighter side and looking into rims that I was planning on anyways. Hopefully replacing the scratched up stock rims will get that cloncking/rattling noise to stop. Crossing my fingers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts