Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i went with a carPC setup, so now i have no headunit, so i bought a 120w amp and ran the rca from the pc to the amp.

my question is how would i go about connecting the speaker wire from the amp to the wiring harness? i tried hooking up the speaker wire to the left front speaker pins (+/-) on the wiring harness based on the diagram in this forum, but there was no sound, is it somehting im missing?

prob a simple question, any help is appreciated, thanks

T

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You did hook up the remote for the amp you installed, and the factory, or did you bypass the factory. If not, it is going to be blown from running that high output to it. If you are still going to be running the factory, just hack the ends off some cheap RCA's, and plug them to CarPC and wire the other in to the Negative and Positive of the speaker wires of the car harness! You wont need the A/M amp! May need more clarifaction as to what all your doing to give a good solid answer! L8R

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id like to not have to use an aftermarket amp, so am i to assume that if i power the amp remote wire on the stock harness (ACC+)? i can just splice an rca cable and have a 2-channel signal red being left speaker, white being right speaker?

and when i cut the connector off the rca cable there was a small wire in plastic in the middle of all the copper wiring, is the small wire inside the negative?

T

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Something like that, hook up to the factory amp turn on wire, hopefully someone will post which one that is, and then plug in the RCA's to the CarPC, and then take the chopped off ends and wire them to the speaker wire in the harness. I am not sure if the inside wire is neg or pos., maybe someone else will know!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks kartunes, cant wait to get home after work and try this! im looking at the harness pins and im thinking is the ACC+ if anyone can confirm this much appreciated

T

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Are you talking about the wire to hook too the amp turn on? If so, it should work! It is what turns the radio on and off, just have to get the right wire for the amp turn on!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep thats what im talking bout ;) thanks again hope its the ACC one, ill figure it out with a multimeter and hmaservice :)

T

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Did you get it figured out?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kartunez said:
Did you get it figured out?

sorta...

I find the pin for the amp remote (pin 12 on a 2006 tib), and after im messin with rca cable i ripped apart, im hearing the static and thumps from the speakers as i wiggle the wires around in the harness! one step closer! although i was still unable to get sound after trying to figure out the + and - of the rca cable ... :(

So i started doing some more research, and i came across this:
http://www.radioshack.com/sm-24-ft-speaker-cable-18-gauge-rca-plug-to-tinned--pi-2102959.html

im headed to the one by my house after work, website says they have them in stock, well see what happens...but other than that, it should, in theory be all set up by this weekend, then ill post some more pics of it mounted :)

T

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Did you make sure the center wire wasn't touching the outer wire? I have mine hooked up like I mentioned, and have had no issues. Those parts should work, but you could just by RCA ends and wire them on to the harness wires, would be less of a mess from wiring!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how would it be less of a mess? i have to run wire to each speaker + and -

so thats 2 tweeters, 2 fronts 2 backs and a sub for a total of 12 wires, how did you do yours?

T

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Mine only has 8, the amp divides out for the factory sub(which I don't use anymore). I just had to hook up the mids for now until I finish the amp rack for their amp. And by less mess, you would only have the RCAs on the ends of the harness, instead of RCA's spliced onto the harness, therefore making more wire length, know what I mean?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I dunno if you bought that RCA to split wire yet... but if you wanted to know the center wire in the RCA is positive. same with your radio's antenna wire. That leaving the surrounding wire being the negative. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts