·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah the wife is telling him that is needs to be gone asap, and he just bought a brand new civic, hes getting out of the tuner scene, if i didnt buy my tiburon i would have bought this car, lol if theres any way in hell i can get out of the tibby without being insanely upside i i would to get this car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tanelk said:
y did he replace the motor if the car is kinda new already

yeh something sounds fishy. srt's are known to have crappy build quality. hey vin, didnt your srt that you had for like a week have a motor that went bad?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no this is my personal real life friends srt, he had a built shortblock in it but it blew a piston because of a alcohol injection kit malfunction, so instead of us replacing just the pistons he bought a completely brand new motor and we put that in, he has receipts to prove it to, its 1 owner

·
Registered
106 Posts
redtib03 said:
yeh something sounds fishy. srt's are known to have crappy build quality. hey vin, didnt your srt that you had for like a week have a motor that went bad?
crappy build qaulity..... :3_confuse The interior may not be the greatest, but the motor is strong and many people are pushing well over 400+ whp on the stock motor. Anyways bump for an great price on an SRT

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i actually don't mind the look of srt-4's . . . but that one is ugly as sin . . . it is the best color option though

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this srt had a completely built motor but it had a stage 3 kit on it, he blew the motor, so he bought a new one so there would be no questions asked, this car is sick as hell, if someone buys my tib lol i will buy this car, but anywayz bump for a great price on a new motor srt

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Holy cow imagine if Vid bought this car and it continued to have problems. Has anyone ever been Ne0wn3d (SRT0wn3d?) twice by two different cars in a six-month period?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
hahaha thats a great deal! a retarded lookin srt with a "new" motor.... i wonder if it had anything to with the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to fast to furious!!! thats what i look for when i buy a car... i wanna make sure it has a "new" motor and was drivin by a young person... if it has mods and NOS that makes it EVER BETTER!!!!
:bigDuhard

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
redtib03 said:
crappy build quality? WTF are you talking about? 500hp on stock internals yea thats crappy? tib gets what 300 and goes if your lucky? my motor has 102k on it at over 300 whp, and as soon as the weather breaks the big turbo is going in.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
SharkRacer911 said:
crappy build qaulity..... :3_confuse The interior may not be the greatest, but the motor is strong and many people are pushing well over 400+ whp on the stock motor. Anyways bump for an great price on an SRT
damn beat me too it only hteres guys with 500 hp on there stockers

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
this srt had a completely built motor but it had a stage 3 kit on it, he blew the motor, so he bought a new one so there would be no questions asked, this car is sick as hell, if someone buys my tib lol i will buy this car, but anywayz bump for a great price on a new motor srt
that car has a S3 kit on it with a stock intake? that engine bay looks pretty stock... and having the giant Fmic and ported TB does ore harm than help with that mod list

·
Registered
412 Posts
thestereogod said:
crappy build quality? WTF are you talking about? 500hp on stock internals yea thats crappy? tib gets what 300 and goes if your lucky? my motor has 102k on it at over 300 whp, and as soon as the weather breaks the big turbo is going in.
first of all, having f/i on tibs hasnt been long enough to have 102k mi because f/i production is limited to a few companies which havent making products for quite so long. also, there are plenty of tibs f/i pushing 300hp and their engines are running just fine. if the tib came with a turbo or s/c, then im sure the block would be built to handle just as much power. from other srt owners and stories, i have read about tons of parts breaking. i believe the poster of this thread had problems with his motor and went back to the tib. Here is a guy who blew him motor on 500hp:

http://www.mx6.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-93788.html

Are you saying, if I were to search srt forums, and search blown motor, that Nobody would have blown a motor on under 500 hp?

·
Registered
898 Posts
redtib03 said:
first of all, having f/i on tibs hasnt been long enough to have 102k mi because f/i production is limited to a few companies which havent making products for quite so long. also, there are plenty of tibs f/i pushing 300hp and their engines are running just fine. if the tib came with a turbo or s/c, then im sure the block would be built to handle just as much power. from other srt owners and stories, i have read about tons of parts breaking. i believe the poster of this thread had problems with his motor and went back to the tib. Here is a guy who blew him motor on 500hp:

Are you saying, if I were to search srt forums, and search blown motor, that Nobody would have blown a motor on under 500 hp?
Most of those blown motors are either done outta stupidty or horrible tunes, and a couple of lemons. I've only had my car for a year, but and only a few mods, but i have never had a single problem yet, except for a couple of boost leaks. And btw in regards to the thread, I'm not a real big fan of the kaminari kit or the mopar tails.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
either way, this is not the neon that i bought, he sold the stage 3, the car has been reverted completely back to stock, yes the srt is better than the tib in engine build quality, no our block will not handle that HP for the long because it is made out of piece of **** aluminum

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
redtib03 said:

If I'm not mistaken alpine has had a SC kit out since 03... I remember looking at it when I was in Kuwait with my freind who had a tib. The tibs stock motor just isn't strong enough for large amounts of boost hence why its NA ... thats why some companies here offer a 10k build up for it :3_pukey: Of course stuff breaks its all part of the HP game.. if you dont know that, dont mod your car , but over all the SRT motor is a far superior and stronger motor stock for stock.

redtib03 said:
if the tib came with a turbo or s/c, then im sure the block would be built to handle just as much power.
IF the word used by so many....guess what? it doesn't.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Vidfinnx said:
either way, this is not the neon that i bought, he sold the stage 3, the car has been reverted completely back to stock, yes the srt is better than the tib in engine build quality, no our block will not handle that HP for the long because it is made out of piece of **** aluminum
smart man :3_bier:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.