Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

My name's Jon, and I need help, PLEASE

791 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zoomerduck 
#1 · (Edited)
Name's Jon, pleasure to make your acquaintance. I have a 2005 Tib GT V6 that I need to replace the clutch in. The only problem being, I've never replaced a clutch before, but I'm no newbie to a wrench. I can figure what parts to get or which kit, but that minor detail still stands and though I haven't got the parts yet, I don't want to disassemble everything and then leave it all messed up in my driveway. If anyone here lives in the southeast corner of Michigan, or possibly northern middle Ohio, and is willing to come help please, I'm willing even to pay though I'd prefer not to and have this as more of a fun hands on activity for myself and friends. I'll be watching this vigilantly so please gimme a shout. Oh, and I believe I'm the 3rd owner and do have a fun tale to tell about it for anyone who does come to help out. Thanks for your time!

#2 ·
A lot of Tiburon owners sell their cars when they need new clutch, since it is one of the most tedious jobs to do on a Tibby, and it is not worth it for them anymore.
You either need to drop the entire subframe, or remove the engine. neither are fun.
Search the forum, there are dozens of threads on clutch replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.