Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you have seen the in-car video I posted a couple years ago of the '69 Camaro I used to race. It was a 9.12 @ 147 pass. View again here --> http://www.agbulletracing.com/Videos/04video2.wmv

Pic of that car

Well, won 3 rounds at US Nationals this year, and sold the car while I was there. Few weeks ago, got a new ride. '05 Worthy dragster. 632ci big block, runs on alcohol. No video yet, but couple weeks ago during some test passes, I got it down to a 7.79 @ 169. Best part it, that was with a 4k rpm launch, and shifting at 6k, and that was losing traction at half track, getting out of the throttle, back in the groove, and then getting back in it. Previous owner launched at 6k, and shifted at 8k. Witnesses say you could see the tires haze when I got back in it and could here them squeeling the rest of the way down the track. It was a cold Friday night, and the track wasn't worth a s**t. That was my last pass. A friend of mine flipped his 8 sec street legal Nova before I could make another pass, so we went home. With a good track, and good weather, we could possibly get this new ride down to the 7.50s and around 185ish mph, we're hoping. Season is over, and tear down has already commenced on the dragster. Gotta a lot of things to do to get it adjusted the way we like. The paint isn't all that great on it. Well, the paint job is excellent, color choice is another thing. It's getting repainted this winter. Haven't decided how yet, working on a few different options. Here's some pics.

And me at the track trying to get the pos autometer tach to work. It never did, gots to get a new one.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
that's badass man.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RedTibby04 said:
Jesus I don't even want to know how much that cost
Too damn much. We got a good deal on the car turnkey. Only had 6 races on it. Motor alone is about $25k. Has a Hughes powerglide transmission, which runs about $5k. Racepac datalogging computer, which is about $5k. That the good stuff, plus all the other little goodie in it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i get those tires for free, well the ones the factory mess up, there is a factory back home that gives em away. make nice decorations

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Wow I am going to apply for a parts manager position at Hyundai, lol.

Dragster looks great, my insurance agent races them too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MrPhotoman said:
Wow I am going to apply for a parts manager position at Hyundai, lol.

Dragster looks great, my insurance agent races them too.
eh, doesn't pay that great. I'm hoping to one day work for Hyundai corporate, or get out of the car business all together. If not either of those two, I'm hoping to try to get my top alcohol license in the next year or two, and possibly pick up a top alcohol or top fuel ride. It only takes money, which I'm kinda lacking right now because of above mentioned purchase. Doubtful it'll happen, but who knows.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
persiano_dubai said:
OMG richard hammond (top gear) nearly died in one of those things so beeee careful man .. but daaaamn hot ccongrats..
Friend of mine I race with rolled his dragster, splitting it in half. Walked away unhurt, and continued racing that day in his super stock camaro. My wife won't come watch me race this until I up my life insurance though.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
LowSonoma1999 said:
Friend of mine I race with rolled his dragster, splitting it in half. Walked away unhurt, and continued racing that day in his super stock camaro. My wife won't come watch me race this until I up my life insurance though.

Lol.....................

·
Registered
510 Posts
riot said:
i get those tires for free, well the ones the factory mess up, there is a factory back home that gives em away. make nice decorations
i want one, just to have. let me know if you could get it for me

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well...... the interior is a little too plain for my liking... :3_saai:

Haha, j/k. Awesome! Can't wait to see some vids!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
persiano_dubai said:
OMG richard hammond (top gear) nearly died in one of those things so beeee careful man .. but daaaamn hot ccongrats..
i thought that was a jet powered car ? whole different animal .......

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BigCarl said:
Well...... the interior is a little too plain for my liking... :3_saai:

Haha, j/k. Awesome! Can't wait to see some vids!
Doing an in-car is gonna be a little hard in this one. Gonna have to buy some really tiny camera, and hope the tech guys don't see it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts