Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swapped this last year. never got around to doing ne thing with it until now. but here are some pix before the upgrade thats soon to come (if it doesnt get sold first)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i seen a really nasty (good thing) J3 ( i think thats what that is)
rnning around here turbo.
he drove up next to me, reved and took off, i caught up and gave him a thumbs up.
Chase

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
is that a tib 2.0L? if it is boost the hell out of it

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm thinking of the possibilities. kits made for the beta are for elantras and tiburons... space difference is a huge factor now since the bay is a tad smaller. if i can find a nice manifold and turbo set, i can do the rest myself. i'm currently looking for a manifold right now.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Zaion said:
is that a tib 2.0L? if it is boost the hell out of it
its one of the older elantras........

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
very nice. Just the swap itself should make for a pretty quick car considering the stock 1.5l is rated at 92 hp. 40+hp increase would be noticible. Turbo a car that light (the heaviest trim is 2200 lbs) and you'll be fast for sure.

How is the gearing in the tranny?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
xFloggingkylex said:
very nice. Just the swap itself should make for a pretty quick car considering the stock 1.5l is rated at 92 hp. 40+hp increase would be noticible. Turbo a car that light (the heaviest trim is 2200 lbs) and you'll be fast for sure.

How is the gearing in the tranny?
it runs 15 as it is right now. it still has the 1.5 tranny in it, i like the gearing shorter for auto x reasons.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
TheGrim said:
it runs 15 as it is right now. it still has the 1.5 tranny in it, i like the gearing shorter for auto x reasons.
thats what I was wondering, I wasnt sure if the 1.5 tranny in the accent had long gears or what. So you've taken it to the track? if so what did you run (since 15.9 and 15.0 are quite different) Are you keeping it for autocross ie small turbo or are you thinking of going a little bigger?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xFloggingkylex said:
thats what I was wondering, I wasnt sure if the 1.5 tranny in the accent had long gears or what. So you've taken it to the track? if so what did you run (since 15.9 and 15.0 are quite different) Are you keeping it for autocross ie small turbo or are you thinking of going a little bigger?

it ran a 15.2. i'm probably goint to go with a T3 super 60.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
a stock 1.5 ran a 15.2? no way

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
xFloggingkylex said:
haha you run better than most stock tibs, thats great news. Keep us posted, I'm very interested in this.
so got some odds and ends done up and it runs smooth.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Its up for sale. 1000k or best offer takes it.

beta motor - 40k miles
accent tranny - 120k miles
1.6 accent clutch - 1k miles if that
beta flywheel - 1k miles if that
15 inch rims with worn tires

all it needs is a radio, plugs, wires and coilpacks

it runs 15.2 in the 1/4 mile... fast enough to beat any stock tibby.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts