Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I got my SE, and just found the post about the charcoal grey released on some of the 06's! I hope it's not true, because as I was buying this car I was telling the salespeople 'I wish it came in charcoal grey'... O well this color rocks anyway, and turns more heads.

I really love my new car, but I hate how I seriously fill it up every 2 days (driving slow always below 3kRPM)!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
hey cars real clean man. looks good.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
nice choice, the bumper does look darker in the pics but i'm sure its just he angle and the way the light hits it, i don't like the interior if the red was solid color i think it would look alot better

·
Registered
73 Posts
congrats on the new tib!
I have the same color, LOVE IT!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i have the same color....but it seems like ur whole car is really bright...and ur bumper is the only thing that looks like the electric red color...is it just the light?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The color looks totally different in person. It is a pretty bright red, not maroon as some people say. The shades look different because its a pearly red so depending on how the light hits it, some parts look darker and some look pink or magenta. I really love the car, I just need to make it faster because it is pretty sluggish at some times. However I get a lot of riced hondas trying to race me and I do smoke them every time. I'm leaving the exterior stock, except modifying the taillights to black housing. I really really really want to do an alpine stage 2 supercharger.... So correct me if i'm wrong, there are no turbos for the 2.7?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
sharkk90 said:
The color looks totally different in person. It is a pretty bright red, not maroon as some people say. The shades look different because its a pearly red so depending on how the light hits it, some parts look darker and some look pink or magenta. I really love the car, I just need to make it faster because it is pretty sluggish at some times. However I get a lot of riced hondas trying to race me and I do smoke them every time. I'm leaving the exterior stock, except modifying the taillights to black housing. I really really really want to do an alpine stage 2 supercharger.... So correct me if i'm wrong, there are no turbos for the 2.7?

the car shouldnt be a bright red if its the electric red factory paint, the car is more of a dark maroon color. i have the same one, and urs is the first ive seen that its that bright of red, like i said it must be the pictures, i havent taken any yet, so i wouldnt know. and mine looks the same all around not different shades....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well you must live in a dark cloudy town because i'm telling you my car is RED in the daylight. If it goes in the shade, or even the shady side of the car, its really dark maroon. I believe if we have the same color it should look the same. Now when I say red I mean red as in: Most 'Red' cars aren't really very red they are more red/orangy so Electric Red is very red and to some people it seems maroon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts